Chapter 8

When we made it inside, we saw lots of other Pokemon, either getting supplies together, greeting and hugging each other, or heading to their classes.
"So, what now?" I asked, raising my voice over the ruckus.
"Well, we go get our schedules, and head to our Homerooms. It'll be based off of what type we are," Star answered.
"I guess that means we're all going seperate ways," Flora pointed out. "That kind of sucks."
"Yeah, but we'll still meet up together at lunch. All students in their second form, or in their first form, but only evolve once, eat together."
"I guess that's okay..," I replied. I started to see several Pokemon disappear into classrooms one by one. "We should really grab our schedules now and go."

So, we got our schedules, said our goodbyes, and headed to our homerooms. When I got to the door, all of a sudden, I caught something in the corner of my eye. I turned and saw something like a shadow disappear around the corner of the hall. I went to go see what it was, but then I heard the warning bell ring, so I put it aside and quickly ran into my class.

When I walked inside, I was kind of mesmerized by all of the other dark type Pokemon. There was an Accelgor, a Honchkrow, a Mightyena, a Pawniard, a Purrloin, and many other dark types. I was a little too busy going over every Pokemon in the room, that I didn't notice the Purrloin walk up to me.
"Hi!" she said, a little loud.
"Ahh!" I shrieked, jumping, completely caught off guard.
"Oh, sorry that I scared you. Wow, you're a Zorua, aren't you? Is it your first time here? It's mine. Your fur is really cool. Is it naturally spiked on the top like that?"
"U-uhh..," was all I could muster. See, THIS is why I can only really deal with shy Pokemon.
"Hey, do you like to battle? We're having a tiny welcome tourney for the class. You can sign up for it there on the front desk," she rambled on.
She might've said something else, but I didn't hear it, because I immediately zoomed over to the front desk. The Honchkrow I spotted was sitting there.

"Um, I don't really know how to word this correctly, but... SIGN. ME. UP," I said, with a blank face.
"What's your name?" the Honchkrow asked, tilting his head slightly at me.
"Midnight," I answered. I then noticed I was hopping on my paws a little for some reason.
"Alright. Midnight.. the.. Zorua," he noted, jotting my name down on a piece of paper, which already had other names. "Okay, you were right on time to take the last spot. You'll be up against Jaz the Mightyena. It's not much time before Break Period, so we'll be getting ready to head out soon."
"What's 'Break Period?'" I asked, puzzled.
"Oh. It must be your first time here. Break Period is just time between certain classes where we get to do our own thing for a while around the school. Explore, talk with friends, relax, play games, et cetera. A lot of us just go out to the fields and have battles. You know, to see what level of power we're on, or even raise that level."
"I guess I was pretty lucky to be here, wasn't I? I said, grinning without noticing.
"Heh, I guess so," the Honchkrow replied, grinning back. "The Teach will be back in a bit, and then we'll head out early. Good luck, and welcome." He picked up the paper, and started to walk away. Then, he stopped. "Oh yeah. My name's Jet, by the way. Nice to meet you." Then, he walked away.
"Jet," I thought to myself. Pretty cool name. I wondered if he was battling, too. Then, I realized that I had a full, decent conversation with another Pokemon. By myself. Then, I remembered what Star had said right before we split up.
"Talk to someone!" she had said, with a wink.
"Well, I did what you said, Star," I whispered to myself. "Because I like you so darn much..."