Chapter 13

When everyone arrived and finally settled down, the Liepard began introducing who she was and how she came to be a teacher at Sunrise. Which I didn't find too interesting. Before I dozed off, someone tapped me on my shoulder.
"Hey, Midnight, right?" they whispered. I turned around and saw that it was the Scrafty from the tournament battles. Beat, his name I remembered.
"Hey, you see that Absol back there?" he whispered, gesturing nodding his head behind him. I looked back and saw who he was gesturing to. I also remembered the Absol from the tournament. Solana, I think.
For some reason, she was blushing and shaking her head at us.
"What about her?" I asked, confused.
"Well, she thinks you're pretty cute," he said, smirking. "She said so herself."
Now, I felt myself also blushing a little bit. I've never been thought of or knew I was thought of as "pretty cute" by another Pokemon, much less a girl, other than my Mom. And yes, go ahead, laugh it up.

I spent pretty much the rest of the period awkardly alternating between looking down at my desk, looking at Beat, who would smirk, and looking at Solana, who would blush and look away. I wa relieved when the bell finally rang, and we could leave. I barely made it out when Solana hurried up beside me.
"Hey, um... Did Beat tell you..?" she asked, awkwardly.
"What.., that you think I'm cute?" I answered, also feeling awkward. If I only knew the move Dig...
"I mean, I'm sorry if I made you feel weird! I mean, it's true that I think you're pretty good-looking... I-I mean..."
At this point, I seriously thought she was actually about to Self-Destruct.
"Hey, calm down," I said, putting my paw on her shoulder. What the Distortion World? I never do that. Well, fortunately, she finally stopped stammering so much, and seemed to be calmed down more.
"I-I'm sorry," she said, still blushing slightly, and laughing nervously.
"You're good, just stay cool. No need to get worked up like that."
I said, immediately taking my paw off of her shoulder. Good thing she didn't notice the abruptness.
"Yeah, you're right," she said, perking up and smiling. "You're pretty smart too, Midnight."
"Heh, well, not that smart..," I said, scratching my ear. "I guess, uh, you wanna be friends?" I really don't know what was going on with me. I never open up like this. Not this much.
"I'd love to be your friend!" she exclaimed happily, her tail wagging.
"SOLANA!" someone called from down the hall.
"Oh, sorry, Midnight. I've got to go," she said, starting to trot down the hall. "I'll see you later!"
"Bye," I called, but she was gone pretty quickly. I guessed she was pretty busy with other friends as well.
"Well, I guess I'll go search for Star and the others," I said to myself. I started to head down the hallway, and then, suddenly, I saw another shadow disappear around the corner.
I started getting a really strong feeling that I was being watched. And if that was the case, who was that?