Chapter 11

The first bell for lunch rang right when we walked into the cafeteria. Lots of other Pokemon had the same idea as us. And, I mean, LOTS. There must've been over 100 Pokemon in the place already. And it just got even more packed as a little more time went by. We were lucky to find ourselves seats together.
"Most of these other Pokemon can't possibly be from Moonlight, can they?" I asked, wide-eyed.
"Sadly, no," Star answered, smiling sadly. "Actually, most of the Pokemon in this school are from the next town over, Stoneblock City. Most of the guys in last year's League Six came from over there."
"Um, speaking of guys, who the heck is that..?" Flora said, looking at someone, mesmerized.

We all looked in the direction she was, and saw a big Pokemon walking over to us. He looked like a muscular, hunched over insect, with arms that had giant claws at the end of them, with four other tiny pairs of arms protuding down the top part of his body. His shell was grayish-white with accents of purple. I had no idea what this Pokemon was. I looked at Flora, and noticed that her face changed from mesmerized, to wide-eyed and shocked. Kind of like.. she KNEW who this guy was. Star and Angel had the exact same looks. I started to get a little nervous about this new Pokemon. I wondered if I could take him in a battle..
"Sp-Spine..?" Flora asked, suddenly. "Is that you?"
"The one and only!" he replied with a deep, sharp voice. "Wow, you three haven't evolved yet? Be great if you did," he said, then resting his gaze solely on Flora. "Especially you, Flora," he added, giving her a warm look. Wonder how he managed that with how sharp his eyes were.
"B-but.., you used to be..," Flora stuttered, clearly not able to get all of her words out.
"Small?" Spine replied. "Tiny? Helpless? Unable to take care of myself? A coward? Well, that was the OLD me. Now, I'm a newer, stronger, and more reliable version of myself. It was hard, but I did it. I did it, because of you," he said, softly grabbing Flora's hand, despite his giant claws.
"I-I'm so happy for you," Flora said quietly, slightly blushing.
Then, Spine focused on Echo, Luke, and I.
"Oh, you guys new here?" he asked. He extended his big claws towards me. "Name's Spine. Spine the Golisopod."
"Midnight the Zorua," I said, shaking his hand, being careful to avoid being cut by his sharp claws.
"Luke the Rockruff," Luke greeted, shaking his hand firmly, without a care. "You look strong."
"Heh, thanks," Spine chuckled. Then, he put out his claws toward Echo. Echo hesitated slightly, but shook it as well.
"Echo the Noibat..," he said, a slight grumble in his voice. What was wrong with him?
"Well, I got to go catch up with some others, but it was nice seeing and meetin' you all!" he said, starting to walk away. He gave Flora a wink, then went away.
"Who was that?" Echo asked Flora, with a disturbed look.
"Just..," Flora started, watching Spine walk away, with a somber look. "Just an old friend."