Chapter 7

After walking for awhile, we made it to the top of a hill, where Star then said, "There it is!"

I looked where she was looking, and saw the school. It was HUGE. There was one big hall in the middle, and complexes all around. And then, I saw a few battlefields on the outskirts of the school. I. Got. EXCITED.
"Welcome to Sunrise Pokemon School, Midnight!" Star said, giving me a friendly nudge.
"We need to get there. Now," I replied back, with dead seriousness. Without knowing, I started to run down the hill towards the school. And, if Star got left behind, she would just have to catch up. I NEEDED to get to those battlefields.

It was a long run, with my short legs, but I eventually made it. And the school was WAY bigger up close. And the battlefields looked fresh and dusted. Now, all I needed was someone to battle against.
"M...Midnight! Wait...up!" Star called, finally catching up to me, gasping for breath. "Y-you can't just run off.. like that!"
"Sorry, Star. But, uh, I saw battlefield. I ran," I said, in a sheepish way.
"Well, please don't do it again so suddenly," she sighed. "At least let me know next time. I bet I can beat you," she said, a mischievous smile spreading across her face.
"Bet."
"Bet!"

Before we could gamble anymore, all of a sudden, someone shouted out, "STAR!" Star and I turned around in question, and saw two Pokemon coming over. Instinctively, I lowered my ears and sharply observed them cautiously, but Star just squealed for joy, and ran towards them.
As they got closer, I observed that one was a Floette, the Single Bloom Pokemon, a Fairy type, and the other one was... a WHITE Vulpix? Vulpix are usually reddish brown, but this one was completely white, and a bit fluffier. Was this a shiny Vulpix?
"Midnight, meet Flora the Floette, and Angel the Vulpix!" Star introduced. "Flora, Angel, meet Midnight the Zorua!"
"H-hi..," I said, feeling a little crestfallen. For some reason, I never thought that Star probably had other friends than me. I shouldn't have been surprised though.
"Hi!" Flora greeted, grabbing my paw suddenly to shake it. I almost jumped. On her probably.
"It's nice to meet you," Angel said quietly, slowly extending her paw. I shook it still cautiously, but with a lot more ease. I could tell she was shy, and I had no problem with that at all. Pokemon that were shy weren't always trying to bother me, or get to know me.
"Why is your fur white?" I asked. Annd, here I go again with the sudden questions.
"What do you mean..?" she asked, frowning a little.
"Well, Vulpix I've seen have reddish-brown fur. So, does that make you a shiny Pokemon or..?" I really felt like biting my tongue so I could just shut up.
"Oh, well, um, I'm actually not a shiny..," she answered.
What?
"I'm actually a regional variant Vulpix. I have a much different genetic makeup than other Vulpix, because of where I was born."
WHAT?
"And, if you're wondering, that means I'm also not a Fire type like other Vulpix. I'm actually an Ice type."
WHAAAT?!
"I-I'll tell you more about it.. later..," she said, shrinking back a bit. I then noticed that I was staring at her weirdly.
"Oh, sorry. I just got a little confused. But, not gonna lie, that's actually pretty cool," I replied.
"Th-thank you..," she said quietly, turning her head away, and I thought I actually saw her blush.
"So, shall we, you guys?" Star said, motioning to the front doors.
"Heck yeah!" Flora exclaimed.
"Yes," Angel and I both said quietly.
"Hehe, this is going to be the best year of school ever. I can feel it," Star stated, smiling.