Chapter 4

"Hey! That's one of the Pokemon who knocked you over, isn't it?" Star whispered.

I was too busy watching the battle that was going on to answer her. The Kirlia had went for a Psybeam, super effective on a poison type Pokemon like Golbat, but the Golbat dodged it easily. They then went for a Venoshock, super effective on a fairy type Pokemon like Kirlia, and the move hit. The Kirlia stumbled for a bit from the shock, then looked almost ready to keep fighting, and then fell right over. Fainted.

"All right! Who's next?" the Golbat shouted out in triumph. Another Pokemon stepped out from the crowd.
"Who else wants to take on my buddy, Scourge?" the Pokemon boasted.

When I saw the Pokemon, I immediately knew who the other jerk was that knocked me over. It was a Sableye, the Darkness Pokemon. And, the other Pokemon that was going to take a sick beating.

"I'll take him on!" I challenged. The whole crowd turned towards me, and I almost regretted speaking out. The fur on my back bristled.

"Wait a minute. You're the idiot that got in my way earlier!" The Golbat, apparently named Scourge, snarled. "You've got a lot of nerve showing your face to me again."
"Hey! You're the one who had a lot of nerve knocking my friend over, without even saying 'sorry' or 'excuse me!'" Star retaliated.
"Pfft. Stay out of this, weirdo. Sticking up for this loser Zorua. I won't mind beating you BOTH into the ground."

"That's it! Are you going to fight me, or what?" I growled, showing my fangs.
"Fine then! Get ready for the worst beating of your life!" Scourge spat, batting his wings hard.

I stalked around him, low to the ground, giving him the look that indicated he could move first.
"All right, then! You asked for it," Scourge said. He began beating his wings harder, going for an Air Slash. Staying on the balls of my paws, I dodged the sharp winds that came at me easily, while also advancing on Scourge gradually.
"Oh no, you don't!" Scourge snarled. He lunged for me, going for a Bite. But, thinking fast, I jumped back, and blasted off a Shadow Ball, my favorite move that I know. So, instead of him biting me, he got a mouthful of the dark blob of energy.

"BLAAUUGHH!!" Scourge cried, as the blob blew up right in his mouth, knocking him to the ground. Obviously, it was too much for him, because he didn't get back up.

"A-All right, Midnight!" Star cheered, after a moment of silence. "You're the BEST!" I couldn't help but blush a little bit.
"W-whoa. Scourge got beat??" one Pokemon marvelled.
"And in one hit?" another one pointed out. "That Zorua is.. pretty cool..,"

"Hmph! You may have won this time!" the Sableye shouted, pulling the dazed Golbat away. "But, next time, I'll take care of you myself!"

"Can't wait for it..," I muttered. After getting a few compliments about my, "unusual battling technique," from some of the other Pokemon, Star and I began to head back home.

"Wow, Midnight! I didn't know you were THAT strong.. No one has ever beaten Scourge like that!" Star yipped, skipping around me.
"Well, I've trained and battled for most of my life," I explained. "I've been in tons of battles. I even fought a Machamp once."
"R-really?" Star marvelled. "Did you win?"
"Of course not," I answered, blankly.