Chapter 12

After lunch, we all started to head back to our Homerooms. Apparently they would be our only classes for the first week.

I noticed that Echo was hanging pretty close to Flora after lunch. Kind of like he was worried about her. Huh.
"Well, I guess we're all going different ways again," Star sighed. "It was really nice meeting you two!" she said, smiling at Echo and Luke. "I hope we all can become good friends!"
"It was nice meeting all of you, too!" Echo replied. His gaze fell on Flora. "Really nice." Flora just smiled back.
"Yeah, nice meeting you," Luke said, blankly. I seriously wondered what was wrong with him.
We all said our goodbyes, and started to walk seperate ways. Before I could, I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I looked, seeing Star. Her eyes seemed to be dazzling more than usual.
And, she happened to be real close up to me. My ears and cheeks kind of started to burn.
"You're doing such a great job getting to know everyone," she whispered, smiling sweetly. "I truly don't know how you possibly didn't have any friends before, when you're just so nice."
"W-well, I couldn't have really done it without y-you," I stammered, my face growing hotter. "To be honest, I kind of just stopped bothering to try before."
"Well, I'm really happy that you're trying now," she whispered even softer. A second later, I felt a kiss on my cheek. I now felt like my whole body was covered in an Inferno. "See you later, Midnight!" she said, all peppy again. She winked at me, and skipped away.
On my way back to my Homeroom, I still felt like I was going to melt any minute. When I went inside, I noticed that the Shiftry teacher wasn't there. Instead, it was a Liepard, the evolved form of Purrloin. She was quietly sitting at the front of the room, I guess waiting for all the students to arrive and settle down.
Before I could find myself a spot to sit at, Jinx the Purrloin walked over to me.
"Arceus, what does she want now? Not really in the mood for another round of 20 Questions," I thought to myself.
"Hey! Um. I.. just wanted to tell you that you were great in that battle of yours..," she said, softly.
"Um.. thanks," I said, tilting my head.
"No problem," she replied, her face suddenly turning red. Then, she walked away quickly.
Now, what was her deal?