Chapter 16

Moments after Lunala was out of sight, and the crowd dissipated, we went over to talk to Quill. We were all curious about what the big deal was.
"Hi, Quill!" Star greeted.
"Oh, well, hello Star," Quill greeted back. He seemed to have a tense expression on his face. "How was your first day back at school?"
"It was really fun!" she exclaimed. "But, Quill, what exactly is going on? What were you and Lunala talking about?"
"Well, it seems that there was a huge incident in Stargaze City. A shrine, dedicated to the mythical Pokemon, Celebi, was destroyed."
"Wh-what!? Who would do something like that?" Star gasped.
"That's what we're going to try to find out. We don't know if this was a simple hateful act, or something with an even deeper message," Quill carried on, looking very thoughtful.
"Anyways, Midnight the Zorua, correct?" he said, setting his eyes on me. "Grace the Gardevoir's son?"
"Yes, sir. It's nice to meet you," I replied.
"Same to you. I heard that you like to battle. Maybe when I have some extra time on my schedule, I can see just how strong you really are."
"You mean like a battle? That would be awesome, sir!" I exclaimed, hopping up and down a bit.
"Well, I've still got some work to do, and then I will be heading to Stargaze early tomorrow morning. So, I will see you all until then."
"Wait! If you're gone, who's gonna be in charge?" Star asked, quizzically.
"Why, your father, of course," Quill said, casually.
"Oh... Wait. My Dad is coming back from his trip already!?" Star gasped even louder.
"Yes. I sent a message to him prior that I would probably be leaving the village soon. And now that I know for sure, it kind of just turned out perfectly." Quill explained.
"Oh, okay then!" Star said, looking a little giddy and nervous all at the same time. I started wondering what her Dad was like.
We all waved goodbye as Quill flew off, and then, we kind of just sat there in silence for awhile, thinking.
"I.. can't believe someone would do something like that," Angel said, breaking the silence. "I've always heard stories about Celebi being such a friendly Pokemon. I don't see how anyone could hate her.."
"You know what I think?" Flora said.
"What?" the rest of us asked.
"WE should head to Stargaze City. You know, to check it out for ourselves."
"But, Stargaze is like six towns away from here!" Star replied.
"Plus, we have school..," Angel added.
"I know, but, wouldn't it be cool?" Flora protested. "I mean, just think about it. We could even help catch the Pokemon who destroyed the shrine."
"It does sound pretty tempting, Flora," I started. "But, Star and Angel are right. It's WAY too far for us, and we do have to stay in school. Our parents probably won't even let us go, anyway."
Flora sighed. "I guess you're right. Too bad we're not in our fully evolved forms. We'd be able to get an excuse from classes."
"Sorry, Flora. It would still have to be an actual emergency for us to be excused," Star pointed out.
"Come on, let's head back to the café," I said, motioning for them to follow. "I still haven't seen if Miss Joy's food tastes as good as it smells."
The girls laughed, and started to follow me back. On the way there, I looked back at one point and saw Flora looking extremely thoughtful. Like, she was planning something...