Chapter 14

I eventually met up with Star, Flora, and Angel in the front of the school. I was still thinking about that mysterious shadow..
"Hey, have you guys seen anything... UNUSUAL, around the school lately?" I asked them.
"No, not really," Flora replied.
"Not that I recall..," Angel added.
"Why do you ask?" Star wondered, tilting her head.
"It's nothing. I was probably just seeing things," I said. But, still...
"Well, we were going to head to this café we love hanging out at to celebrate the new year!" Star said, joyfully. "You'll come with us, right?" Her eyes did that pleading, blinking fast thing. Goodness gracious.
"Sure, I'll go," I answered. "My Mom doesn't really care where I go after school, as long as I'm safe and make it home before dinner."
"Yay! Let's go, then!" Star yipped, skipping ahead of us. Angel, Flora, and I hurried to catch up with her.
The café that we were headed to was not too far away from the school, and was a actually a ways between the school and Moonlight. It only took us several minutes to get there.
When we walked into the café, immediately, the smells of all the most delicious foods in the world flew into my nostrils. I got as hungry as a Munchlax.
"Can I, like, stay here forever?" I asked, my mouth watering.
"Hehe! I'm guessing you just got blasted by a whole lot of delicious smells, didn't you?" Star said, giggling. "It happens to all Pokemon who walk in here for their first time."
"And I'm guessing he's probably loving it," Flora added, laughing.
"Hello, sweeties!" a cheerful voice called.
I turned and saw a pink and cream-colored Pokemon coming over to us, waving. It was an Audino.
"Hi, Miss Joy!" Star greeted happily, leaping into the Audino's arms for a hug.
"How've my little Pecha berries been?" the Audino sang, as she also brought in Angel and Flora for a group hug. "Did you enjoy your first day back at school?"
"Yes, it was great," Angel answered politely, smiling.
"It was AWESOME!" Flora added.
"Well, that's just swell," the Audino said, with a big smile. Letting the 3 girls down, her eyes then settled onto me.
"Oh? And who's this handsome young fellow?" she asked, her eyes shining curiously.
"This is Midnight the Zorua!" Star answered, cheerfully. "He's really nice, and he's super strong, too! You should see him battle!"
"Thanks, Star," I said, feeling embarrassed. I then greeted the Audino. "It's nice to meet you, Miss."
"Ooh, and such nice manners, too!" the Audino praised. "You can call me Miss Joy! I run this little café here," she said, proudly. "If there's anything you need hon, just call me!"
"Thanks, I'll make sure to," I replied. She might've been a little too much of an excitable Pokemon for me, but something about her still made it easy for me to warm up to her.

"ATTENTION, EVERYONE!" someone shouted. We all turned to see some Pokemon who had burst through the doors of the café suddenly.
"LUNALA, QUEEN OF THE MOON HERSELF, has just arrived in Moonlight Village!" he exclaimed.

Did he just say.... LUNALA?