Chapter 3

Sorry for the long wait guys. I promise updates will be more constant from now on. Thanks for still supporting the story!

After I got myself together, Star and I headed off in the direction of those creeps that knocked me over. On the way, Star asked me constantly if I was all right, and by the 7th time, it got really annoying.

"Can you, like, be quiet for several minutes?" I blurted out. I know. Mean as heck. Sorry.
Star looked a bit hurt. "B-but, why?"
"Because, you don't have to ask me if I'm okay, over and OVER again."
"Well, I want to.. That's what friends do right? They care for each other and make sure each other are alright."
"Wait. Y-you think we're... friends?" I asked, the fur on my back bristling.
"Why wouldn't we be?" Star asked, frowning.

Now that I thought about it, were Star and I friends? Other than me being a bit annoyed with her, we did get along well, and.. she hasn't left me all of a sudden, yet. Maybe we were...?

"I'm sorry, it's just that.., I don't usually have friends, you know.., in my life," I said, looking down at the ground. Now, I just felt pathetic.
"Oh, Midnight, I... didn't know..," Star replied. After a moment, she laid her paw on mine.

I lifted my head and looked her in the eyes. For some reason, they had this kind of, sparkle, in them. All of a sudden, I felt a weird tingling sensation run through my body, and... I felt like I wanted to stay like this, looking at Star in her eyes, with her paw on mine, forever.
"Star, I...," I started to say, but, suddenly, I was cut off by a loud, excited scream.
"What was that?!" Star gasped, jumping, taking her paw off of mine. Finally, I broke out of my trance.
"I-I don't know, but I think it'll lead us to those jerks, probably," I growled.

So, we headed off in the direction of the scream. Eventually, it led us to a big circle of Pokemon, jumping around and cheering. What they were all excited about, was a Pokemon battle. As I got a better look, I observed that the Pokemon battling were a Kirlia, the Emotion Pokemon, and a Golbat, the Pokemon who's butt I'm about to kick.