Chapter 5

"Seriously, Midnight, you might be the STRONGEST Pokemon in our village! Almost all of us haven't trained as much or gotten as strong as you are!" Star kept on conplimenting.
"Okay, okay, I get it, Star. I'm really strong," I said, rolling my eyes, while trying to also hide my blush. I also felt kind of sad though. Would no one around here actually give me a real challenge?

We eventually made it back to my house, and it was dark out by the time we arrived. Well, more than usual.
"Well, uh, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" I said, finding myself looking into her eyes again.
"Of course! Our new year of school starts tomorrow, so I'll definitely see you there right?" Star asked, looking hopeful.
"Yeah." I sighed. My Mom pre-registered me into a Pokemon school not too far away from here. Matter of fact, we had to move away from my last one because of a certain... incident..
"Well, it was SO nice to meet you, Midnight!" Star said, happily. She gave me a friendly nuzzle, and then, a quick friendly peck on the cheek. "See ya!" Star yipped, skipping away.

Well, um. I lost all feeling in my legs, but I still managed to drag myself inside. I went to my room to pack a few last things for school tomorrow, and... I'll be honest. I was scared out of my mind thinking about it.
"Hey, honey, dinner's rea-" my Mom came in and started to say, but stopped. All of a sudden, I felt her scoop me up and hug me tightly, and I finally noticed that I had been shivering like crazy.
"Midnight? Honey? What's wrong?" she asked, stroking my head, with a worried look on her face.
"I-I guess I'm j-just a little nervous about school t-tomorrow..," I stuttered. I was trying really hard to stop shaking. For some reason, my mind pictured Star, and how her eyes sparkled when I looked into them. I finally stopped shivering so much, then.
"Seriously, Mom, I'm fine. Just a little nervous." I assured her.
"Okay, then, Nighty," she said, still looking a little worried. She set me down, and we both went to eat dinner, and went to bed after. All night, I couldn't help but think about Star, and those mysterious eyes.