Chapter 10

Ayy. #23 for development? Not sure how exactly the rankings work, but thanks anyways guys. Thanks for making it this far, and supporting me. I'm gonna work even harder so that you guys can enjoy reading this story of mine even more. Again, thanks so much. Well, enjoy!

After Jaz was helped up by a few of the other students, Star, Flora, and Angel came over to congratulate me for my win.
"You were just awesome, Midnight! And that huge Shadow Ball at the end? Amazing!" Star marveled and praised, nuzzling her cheek against mine.
"Th-thanks Star," I said, blushing Tamato berry red.
"You're pretty strong, Midnight!" Flora said. "You ever think about competing for a spot in our League Six?"
"League Six?" I asked, tilting my head at her.
"The League Six is a team of our school's six most strongest and skilled Pokemon. You have to work and train really hard to be in it. The team also competes in this thing called the Pokemon World Tournament, where they battle other schools' League Six to be the strongest team.
"We've.. never actually won before though..," Angel sighed. "We've never even gotten to the semi-finals. Our "League Six" gets destroyed before they even know what's happening."
"Oh yeah. I think I actually heard something about our school probably deciding to just put the whole "League Six" thing to the side, and not even compete in the tournament," Flora added, her peppiness slightly going away.
"It's weird. I know that our team always trains as much as the other schools do. It just always seems like they're constantly outmatched by the other teams," Angel carried on, sadly.
"But, we've GOT to have a League Six!" Star protested. "We can't just give up because of a few losses!" Flora and Angel raised their brows at her. "Okay, so, 9 losses. But, that still doesn't mean we don't keep on trying!"
"Hm. Star's right," I said. "And, you know what? I'm going to be in the League Six, and lead the team to the very top! Victory's as good as ours this year!"
Then, I noticed that Star, Flora, and Angel were giggling like crazy. Arceus dang it. I got freaking carried away. I was really red now.

"Hey. Midnight, right?" someone from behind me asked.
I turned around and saw a fuzzy, bat-like Pokemon, flying in place above me. It was a Noibat, a Flying and Dragon type, the Sound Wave Pokemon. And there was a brown, dog-like Pokemon with him. A Rockruff, a Rock type, the Puppy Pokemon. He had a lazy, expressionless look, like he didn't really care about anything.
"We saw that battle you had, and we, well, I thought you were awesome! Especially that giant Shadow Ball at the end. How'd you do that anyways?" the Noibat asked, looking at me inquisitively.
"Now that I think about it, how did you do that, Midnight?" Star asked me as well, looking very curious, her eyes sparkling. They were all looking at me, wondering.
"Well, uh, I..," I started, not really knowing what to say, or how to explain it. So, I just settled for something lame and, sort of a cliche. "I really don't know. Maybe me wanting to win so bad just, all of a sudden, gave me a huge burst of energy."
"That sounds illogical in every way," the Rockruff suddenly burst out. "You can't just get a burst of power like that just by wanting to win. You're hiding something." He was giving me a very serious, prying look.
"No, I'm not. I really don't know, okay?" I snapped. I was getting a really edgy feeling off of this Pokemon for some reason.
"Well, anyways, my name's Echo the Noibat, and this is my bud, Luke the Rockruff," Echo introduced. Luke just looked to the side, not interested at all.
"It's nice to meet you both!" Star replied, taking the burden of introductions of my shoulders, Arceus bless her. "My name's Star the Eevee, and this is Midnight the Zorua, Angel the Vulpix, and Flora the Floette!"
"Nice to meet you," Angel quietly greeted, bowing her head.
"Hi," was all I bothered saying.
"Nice to meet you guys!" Flora happily said.
"Oh. W-wow," Echo marveled, flying a little up closer to Flora. "You're a white flower Floette? Your type is very rare, and is kind of a wonder to see..,"
"Aww, thanks," Flora replied, blushing slightly. "Well, Star is the one that's the rarest out of all of us."
"Oh, r-right!" Echo agreed, taking a look at Star. "A shiny Eevee! An extremely rare sight! Now, there's the question of what evolution you're going to evolve into."
"Well, I guess I'm still kind of thinking about that..," Star said, looking thoughtful, but smiling.

"Alrighty!" my Shiftry teacher called out. "The Pokemon going to the semi-finals will be Jet the Honchkrow, Midnight the Zorua, Zane the Accelgor, and Solana the Absol! Those battles will be tomorrow, so you students better had come up with some solid battle strategies by then! Good luck!"

Break Period was about to end, and transition into lunch times. Our whole group's time was first, so we all began to head for lunch. On the way, I began thinking again about where that sudden burst of power came from. I never made a Shadow Ball that huge before, so why now all of a sudden? Well, I wasn't going to complain, because I know it means one thing. I'm getting much stronger, and I'm going to keep on getting stronger. A spot in the League Six is as good as mine.