BS 2 (Revised)

2. Meet the Nerd

//Ayuki//

As I busily typed my newest blogs for the TSS website, in anticipation of the upcoming academic year and the plethora of thoughts I had to share, I couldn't help but pause, gaze at my computer screen, and burst into laughter at the irony that permeated my life.

Can you fathom the idea that a person with a high IQ, kilala pa bilang isang genius, is deemed a major loser at our university?

I discovered it since the day my name popped up, booming on my own website. Loser of the Day? I never thought na maraming magsu-suggest at vote sa pangalan ko.

Ayuki Inoue.

And no one knew that I'm the real person who made the Triumphants' Secret Society. That I'm hiding by my pen name, Penda. That one of the biggest losers at Triumph University is also the infamous Triumph's biggest blogger.

I created this website for fun and to combat boredom when I was in fifth grade. However, it quickly gained attention, and just like that, TSS became popular among students. I transformed into a certified secret blogger. Though, we had to keep this secret society fully hidden from the prying eyes of the administrators.

As a blogger, the thing I enjoyed the most is reading my business email as it is constantly flooded with drama, gossip, issues, conflicts, and scandalous tidbits, all unfolding within the walls of Triumph University.

"Honey? Dinner?" Mom asked, knocking on my bedroom's door.

Lumingon ako sa kaniya at inayos ang salamin sa mata.

"In a minute," I answered before facing my computer and letting my hands type faster on the keyboard.

She didn't say anything hanggang sa narinig ko siyang naglakad paalis, kaya dali-dali akong nag-insert ng link ng file and published the What's New? article.

I knew for a fact na maraming pamilya ang nag-aattempt to enroll their kids sa Triumph University. Every student applicant is wait-listed no matter his family's status in the economy.

Ang university mismo ang mamimili kung sino ang gusto at kinakailangan nilang ipasok. They will have a deep check about the applicant's personal and family profile.

At kung ang applicant ay qualified sa quality and standard ng university, then he will be considered as eligible enrollees. After his family successfully paid for the enrollment payment, then he will be confirmed as a certified Triumph University student.

At kani-kanina lang ay natamo ko ang final list ng confirmed enrollees. I got it through my, well, hacking skills.

Triumph University is a huge university ranging from preschool to college department with different buildings and gates. Ngunit hindi ito super crowded ng mga students.

Affirmative, it's expensive but they're providing us with high-quality education, facilities, and equipments. Affirmative, napupuno ito ng mga rich kids pero hindi sila basta-basta tumatanggap lang. Once they find dirt about you and your family, wipe out ka na kaagad sa wait-list and magiging ineligible applicant.

Funny nga lang na as a blogger, who literally knew everything, there were a lot of scandals within the university. And everyone knew about these, except the administration. They must be acting blind or something. Hangga't walang nagfi-file ng complaint, then all's fine. They are definitely, fully aware of their students' behaviors. We all are.

"Good luck, new Triumphants," I whispered as my article was already published.

***

"Your dad called," Mom informed me while her eyes were focused on her newspaper.