💮Juu-go pt. 1💮

💮third💮

"Oi busu, I'll come over tomorrow." announced the blonde after dropping her off at her apartment.

"Why?" asked Hikaru. The girl got a call from her sister requesting 5 song recordings this time so she wasn't sure if she'll be able to help him.

As soon as the two finished locking up the gym, they went home together like their usual routine. "Aren't you listening to Yoshida-sensei earlier? Finals are coming. Let's have a study session" the blonde explained and turned to leave, already thinking about what textbooks to bring the next day.

"Hm..but why at my place?" asked the female again watching the figure of her master from behind.

Even from a distance, she could hear the annoying groan of Tsukishima, "Quit asking questions and let me go home busu" replied the boy and slipped on his headphones, not wanting to hear her asking anymore.

Tsukishima knew of how smart Hikaru is, and it is simply a bonus to have someone like that help you with studies. That's why he chose to come over at her place. And one of the hidden reasons is because he enjoyed listening to her live singing, and wanted to hear it again. But of course, the only time he'll ever say that is when pigs can already fly.

Hikaru sighed to herself and went up to her apartment. From the moment they left Karasuno, she had been thinking of what happened back then. She quickly threw her bag on the couch and lazily headed to her bedroom.

Heaving a sigh, Hikaru let herself fall back on her bed. "I wonder what that feeling was...?" the girl asked herself, staring at the blank white ceiling, a hand placed on top of her chest directly where her heart is. Hikaru couldn't think of anything else last night. Maybe she's sick or had a heart-related illness.

Tsukishima had always been blunt with her. He spouts insults and mean words like it's the default language of his, and Hikaru didn't mind. She actually found it amusing whenever he calls her names, knowing that the boy never really meant whatever he said.

But why did his answer earlier sounded a bit too hurtful for her? Was he saying that because he wants to tell her the fact that she cannot compare to Koharu? Not that she cared-Hikaru knew she didn't care but what explains the heaviness in her!

That unknown feeling she had, remained a mystery. But Hikaru chose to be oblivious, she shrugged off the thought a few moments after thinking hard about it.

As for the blonde, he had just reached home and to his dismay, his annoying older brother, Akiteru, is already there. "Kei! You're coming home late these days, have you finally gotten a girlfriend?" Akiteru questioned, his brows moving up and down. Tsukishima hated to admit that his brother is the most annoying person next to Hikaru.

Kei rolled his eyes shaking his head, and walked past his brother. "I'm home, Kaa-san. What's for dinner?" asked the blonde, seeing their mother, Tsukishima Sachiko, busy in the kitchen.

The woman have a healthy blonde color hair, her face had a few wrinkles but nevertheless, none could deny that she was still beautiful. Her eyes are of the same color as her sons and she had thin pink lips. Sachiko smiled warmly at her son, "Welcome back Kei-chan! I'm cooking omurice!" beamed the woman, smiling at her son.

"Kaa-san, Kei ignored me!" Akiteru faked tears, walking closer to his mother, who just rolled her eyes at him. Kei sometimes wished his brother would act his age.

Sachiko gave him a smile again, "You can go rest for now Kei-chan, I'll call you when food's ready"

Kei nodded and headed almost immediately to his room. The blonde quickly changed into a loose black shirt and blue pajamas reaching down to his feet. He walked over to his bed and laid down sighing to himself. Kei himself had been thinking about what happened at the gymnasium earlier.

"Does she have a loose screw in the head? Tsk. That weirdo" he mumbled to himself, remembering the smiles and grins she had on her face earlier. The usually quiet girl is slowly warming up to him, even though he never did or say anything nice to her.

But if he were to be honest again, he too slowly found himself getting closer to the female. She wasn't talkative like the girl he likes, but her silence whenever they're together definitely made him feel very comfortable. Hikaru wasn't nosy and would usually mind her own business, probably one of the reasons he enjoyed spending time with her and Yamaguchi.

What Kei didn't understand is the reason why he accidentally snapped back then?

"Goshujin, don't tell me you're falling for me already?"

He knew she was saying it as a joke but why did he reject the idea in such a blunt way? The blonde fumbled for his phone and dialed his servant's phone number, feeling the sudden urge to apologize and make it up to her.

Two rings was all it took before Hikaru picked up, instantly regretting because she might look to eager to answer, "...goshujin?" she called out from the other line.

Kei gulped, nervous on what to say. He's not the type to say sorry, not even Yamaguchi heard him say the word, but why is he forcing himself to do this for her? "Did I interrupt you on something?" the blonde asked,"..busu?" deliberately adding the nickname he gave her to avoid sounding so stiff.

Hikaru didn't know why she felt nervous, hearing his voice right now. This wasn't the first time he called her, although most of the time he will say what he needs and then drop the call. "...I was just watching Nee-cha-Izanami on the TV. Do you need something?" she replied, fixing her position on the couch and turned the volume of the television down.

The boy stayed silent for a while, "I.." he trailed, hesitant whether to just say it flatly or sincerely. Damn, he cursed inside his head. Kei wasn't certainly used to apologies and shit, it wasn't like him. "I just wanted to say..." he followed, wishing his voice didn't sound shaky.

"...say what...?" Hikaru spoke, anticipating what her master wanted to say. He rarely lets the call go more than a minute, and right now they've been on the phone for more than 3.

Kei put the call on hold and cussed loudly in his room. "Shit!" Hearing a following scold from his brother, "Shut up Nii-chan" growled the blonde. Why is he doing this anyway?

Wait.

Verbal apologies aren't the only way to make it up to someone, and so, Kei gave up on forcing himself to say sorry. He picked up the phone and spoke again, "Meet me at Ukai-san's store tomorrow. Don't even think of saying buts. Bye" he dropped the call, letting out a relieved sigh.

Hikaru chuckled, hearing his usual tone and ending words. Wondering why it took him so long if that's all he wanted to say. The girl smiled to herself feeling a bit better after hearing her master's voice. She herself didn't know what possessed her when she recorded five songs until 1 am.

The girl once again found herself questioning, "Why am I acting strange..." Hikaru laid down on her bed again, phone in hand. "...goshujin, why is it that you make me feel this weird..?" Hikaru felt her eyelids getting heavier.

Before long, she fell asleep to the soothing sound of raindrops falling softly on the roof. All the while, Tsukishima stayed up late figuring out what textbooks to bring for their study tomorrow.

e n d o f c h a p t e r