💮Nii-juu💮

💮third💮

Hikaru had her head up in the clouds, hopes as high as the Tokyo Skytree , as she strode alongside her blonde master on their way home. She would occasionally steal glances  but always ended up meeting his gaze. 

Just like she did now, "You keep staring at me, is there something on my face busu?" Kei had his brow raised as he looked at his servant beside him. Her lashes still a bit wet from weeping earlier, but he felt happy that there's a small smile on her face.

"...nothing..." she mumbled, facing forward, humming inaudibly in pure joy and happiness.

Hikaru still felt the soothing warmth when he hugged her, and everytime she thought about it, her heart would race a thousand miles. Nobody dared to ask her problems, not even her sister. And now, this persom who meant nothing to her a month ago is the one doing all the comforting for her. Despite his snappy attitude and quite a sharp tongue, her master is inevitably the kindest person she met.

His heart clenched as he glanced over his shoulder, seeing the girl's smile widen. What the hell is this now, Kei? He questioned himself trying to search for answers on what he was feeling. Kei noticed how small her ears when she tucked pieces of raven locks behind her earlobe, and how her complexion is creamy and the beauty mark she had just a few inches to the left above her chin.

The two walked in comfortable silence, which the two preferred that way, as they walked in each other's pace towards the school gate. It was peaceful for a few seconds, not until Kei caught sight of the familiar white hair swaying on the female's back.

Drums played inside his chest, one that he didn't feel before, with two big strides Kei placed a hand on the girl's shoulder and called out, "Senpai?" he took a step closer. "What's wrong?"

Hikaru stayed in her place, behind the pair, squeezing the uniform right above her heart. Watching intently as this scene played in front of her. The ravenette's breathing hitched, as the stiff expression on her master's face slowly softened as he spoke to their manager.

"...so much for high hopes..." she mumbled under her breath, finally finding the courage to walk closer to the pair. What was it that she's expecting? All he did was hug her and console her, it couldn't possibly mean that he's reciprocating these feelings. The celebrating heart of Hikaru quickly died down, just feeling a bit thankful that she had the chance to feel his touch.

Tsukishima completely forgot about the girl he was silently walking with earlier. All he could see and think of is the forced smiles the girl he liked pulled off. "N-Nothing haha. Are you guys on your way home?"she asks, desperate to change the subject.

"Yes" Kei replied shortly, staring intently at the woman's face.

Pain flashed in Hikaru's brown orbs, envious of the way he looked at Koharu. Silently wishing that she's in her position, which again, is another pointless and just a hopeful thing.

"L-Let's go home together" the third year proposed, and grabbed both Hikaru and Kei's arms, pulling them hurriedly and exited Karasuno's grounds.

Hikaru had her eyes on her master, as Kei had his eyes on the platinum blonde holding his hand. Feeling electrified of the sudden touch. Though it wasn't long before Kei stopped in his tracks, asking, "Aren't you going home together with Noya-san?" His face is void of emotions, as Koharu let go of them to face him.

The ravenette knew all too well what the blonde must've felt. She felt it too. And she just acknowledged that now. The both of them are jealous of other people.

Koharu forced a small laugh, scratching the back of her head. "I-I'm going on ahead because Mafuyu said she needed help. So, let's go?" she awkwardly motioned her thumb to go.

And now, the blonde found himself in a situation where he had to pick. Kei exchanged looks between Hikaru and Koharu, trying to decided what to do and who to go home with. He immediately noticed how fixated his servant's gaze on the ground, and he found it hard to leave her. He had just comforted her earlier, and letting go home alone would just be rude.

Just as he was set on choosing the ravenette, vulnerable eyes of Koharu met with his. It was as if he could see right through her and he understood then and there that she too needed help. But what about busu? He contradicted his owm feelings, not wanting to hurt the ravenette.

Hikaru's anticipated his answer, still having that ray of hope that he would actually chose her over Koharu. But who was she kidding? She's just a recently acknowledged friend. There's not much to think about between a friend and the girl he likes.

A few seconds more, and Kei sighed, "Alright. I'll walk you home." he trailed, "You can go on ahead busu"

The ravenette knew what would be the outcome, she knew who he would choose, but it still wasn't easy to stop your heart from breaking. Dejectedly, she nodded and started walking away. Tears daring to fall out of her eyes.

It took her by surprise when the blonde pulled her back, and slipped on his headphones on her, placing the mp3 inside her palm. "I'll get it back tomorrow busu, get home safe" he whispered and turned his back to walk with Koharu.

As their figures faded in the distance, Hikaru stayed frozen in her tracks. Her eyes widened as soon as she listened to the song playing.

It was a song she covered back then. Why was he listening to this?

Hikaru smiled bitterly as she started walking. Crystal beads rolling down her cheek as she looked up the omce clouded sky, now full of sparkling stars.

"...how am I supposed to give up on you now, goshujin..?"

e n d  o f  c h a p t e r

💮notes💮

Short chapter. Sorryyyy

It's my imouto's birthday so I'm a bit busy.

Next chapters are scheduled to publish next Friday and on doubles!

Enjoy.

💮N&N / yzzabella💮