💮San-juu-kyu💮

💮third💮

"Hikaru-chan where are you off to?" Koharu asked, seeing the ravenette all dressed up and was about to leave their room.

Hikaru gave her a small smile, "I'm meeting my sister. I'll be back before dinner Koharu-san" she bowed in front of the girl.

"You're going with Kei? Stay safe Hikaru-chan!" Koharu bid her farewell as she closed the door behind her.

Hikaru let out a heavy sigh, tears daring to fall from her eyes right now. Her previous conversation with Kei had her emotionally weak and she needed to get away somehow. She rang her sister earlier and agreed to meet up now.

Walking towards the exit, Hikaru still had his exact same words ringing inside her head. She knew he was saying it because he had a reason to, it wasn't like him to say spout nonsense. However, it hurt her most when she heard those words directly from him.

Was she getting too annoying for him? She was sure not to overstep her boundaries so it was unlikely that that was the case. But then why? Is he bothered that she likes him? Is someone like her not good enough to even have feelings for him?

This is no good. The pain is sinking deeper into her. She has to find something else to think of at the moment.

"Hikaru" a familiar voice called out to her as she entered a cafe near the hotel.

She quickly turned her head and walked towards the direction where it came from, "Nee-chan" she mentioned, settling down a vacant seat across her.

Konami looked a lot different than the last she saw her. Her usual glow wasn't there despite the expensive clothes and jewelry she was wearing. The older female took off her sunglasses and hanged on her clothes.

"I'm sor—"

"Please Nee-chan, anything but that. Please"

Konami was taken aback seeing a complex expression on her usually deadpanned sister. The last time she saw her made that face was the time their parents died and she was trying not to break down.

"How's your summer vacation, Hikaru?" Konami asked, deciding to just ask her how her whole week went.

The ravenette forced a smile, "Better than expected, I suppose" she replied meekly.

Silence ruled between the two, the surrounding noises drowning them both in an awkward situation where neither knew what else to say.

Konami brushed her pink hair and sighed, "I'm leaving the agency" she states. Getting at least a confused look from her sister, she chuckled. "Now don't give me that look, Hikaru"

The ravenette couldn't understand, "Why?" She questioned.

Konami felt her throat run dry, a heavy feeling weighing down her heart. "I'm finding work overseas Hikaru" she finally said, wiping the tears slowly rolling down her cheeks.

It was a first for Hikaru, hearing Konami giving up for her dreams. She was well aware that being an idol was Konami's childhood dream.

"I don't understand Nee-chan. Why are you doing this?" Hikaru said, wanting to know what's the reason she suddenly decided to do this.

Hikaru felt her sister's hands wrap around hers, feeling the warm sensation she always dreamt of feeling. "It's a way for me to forgive myself for hurting you, Hikaru"

Witnessing as tears fall down her sister's eyes, Hikaru couldn't help but cry as well. "You don't have to do this Nee-chan. I know this is your dream, why are you suddenly sacrificing it?"