💮San-juu-ichi💮

💮third💮

Everything went back to normal after clearing things up between them. And after the gruesome hell everyone experienced during exam week, volleyball practice continued before summer vacation.

The master and servant pair walked under the blazing sun, sweat trickling down their faces. "...today's so hot..." Hikaru grumbled under her breath and took out a blue fan from her bag. She passed it to the blonde standing way too close to her now.

Kei rolled his eyes at her unnecessary comment and started fanning hard enough for both of them, "No, it's so cold I want to wear a sweater, tss" he sarcastically implied, wiping sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand.

Hikaru gave her master a playful shrug, "Then go and wear one, goshujin" she states, earning another one of her master's signature glares. 

The two are on their way to Karasuno's gym because Koharu scheduled their practice on a Sunday. Such a drag for the rest because Sunday's all about fun. Soon enough, the two of them reached the school and proceeded to the court to meet up with the others. 

"You are such a drag, you stupid small idiot! You didn't bring our water bottle! Aren't we saving money?!" Koharu's yell resounded the large gymnasium as Kei and Hikaru entered. She had her left hand anchored on her hip while the other had Nishinoya's ear twisted. 

"Ow ow ow ow! Let go of me, you giant woman!" was all Noya could say, trying to get her hand off his pained ear. The others laughed from the sidelines, witnessing another episode of the two's daily bicker. It's very entertaining if you ask them. 

The blonde shook his head and placed his bag along with the others' belongings. Hikaru followed and sat down to take out her yellow rubbers from her bag. "Busu, is yellow your favorite color?" asked the blonde, settling beside her as she slipped on her shoes and started tying her laces. 

Hikaru gave him a brief look and got back to what she's doing. "No, green is my favorite color that's why my shoes, my glasses, and my notebooks are all in yellow" she replied, pure sarcasm dripping off her words. 

"Tss, sarcastic idiot" Kei grumbled, squinting his eyes at his servant, busy keeping her slippers in her bag. 

Hikaru chuckled at his complaint, finding it funny he's complaining about something he did too earlier. "...I just did what you did goshujin..." she commented, followed by a teasing chuckle from her.

The two of them snapped back to each other like their usual routine, a much quieter and less rowdy than Koharu and Noya's version. A gesture that meant everything's back to normal. Kei no longer held strong feelings for Koharu and paid more attention to what Hikaru's doing or saying. Hikaru got together again with her sister yesterday and got the closure from Kei, extinguishing all of her hopes on her first love. 

Right now.

They're back to being master and servant. Friends hanging out with each other. Nothing more. And nothing less. 

But somehow, Kei found it uneasy how everything that happened died down and brought them to their so-called normal situations. You see, a part of him regretted not rejecting nor accepting Hikaru's confession. She acted like everything's fine again. She acted like her usual self. Which Kei certainly found unentertaining. Aren't you supposed to work for the person you like attention? 

"Busu, let's go get the ball cart" the blonde urged, pulling her up by the hand. Kei held onto her as they made their way to the storage room, looking back briefly to see a change of reaction on the girl's face. But to no avail, her expression remained calm and deadpan. "The hell? I thought she liked me?" He hissed to himself.