•C h a p t e r N i n e•

Dedicated to TheUnwrittenKitten

Song for chapter nine: Closer by Tegan and Sara

|Skyler|

I walked into the library and scanned the area, slightly annoyed that Aden had picked the largest library I'd ever seen to meet up in. I had enough trouble actually finding the library, even with google maps and now I had to find him inside. The library was perhaps ten thousand square feet, lined with bookcase filled with books, all the way to the ceiling.

My phone buzzed inside my pocket, and I fished it out from my pocket. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the unknown number that stared back at me on the screen.

I slid my finger across the screen to answer the call. "Hello?"

"Hey Clumsy, you here yet?" Aden's voice was easily recognizable over the line.

I rolled my eyes, "Yes, I'm here, but I can't see your idiot ass anywhere."

"Hey, don't be a lunatic. Turn around ninety degrees and look up," he said. I could almost see the smirk plastered on his face.

I did as he said and I caught sight of him on the floor above, leaning over the balcony. He gave me a small wave, and I made my way towards him, jogging up the stairs. He had seated himself at an empty table, his bag laying flat on it.

"How did you get my number? I never gave it to you," I asked as I sat down.

"I have my sources," he smirked, and my eyebrow shot up. Sources huh? "I may have asked Josie after classes." A sheepish smile spread over his lips, his cheeks tinted a light shade of pink.

"And she gave it to you?" I asked incredulously. I was certain there was a rule between girls that if a guy asked for another's number, you were to say no.

"I can be very convincing," Aden leaned forward onto the table, closer to me. I gulped and stared into his eyes, admiring the green specks within them, complimented by the freckles dotted over his nose. My gaze flickered to his soft lips for a split second before I forced them back to his eyes.

My cheeks grew fiery and I hoped that he didn't notice, but the smirk that spread over his lips told me he did notice, much to my embarrassment.

I gulped and leaned back into my chair, putting distance between us. "We should get started," I said, clearing my throat.

Aden sat back as well, the smirk still evident on his face. God, I just wanna slap that smile right off of him.

"The bruise looks better," Aden said, looking at my cheek.

I shrugged, "It doesn't feel better."

He scratched the back of his neck and pursed his lips, looking guilt ridden and I sighed.