•C h a p t e r S i x t e e n•

Song for chapter sixteen: Bad Liar by Selena Gomez

|Skyler|

Aden drove me home soon after since it was well past ten o' clock at night. Most of the other students had already been ushered out by the supervisors, though a lot of them probably went and got drunk at someone's house.

I sat in his car, the radio playing faintly from his speakers as we passed through the empty streets on the way to my house.

The butterflies in my stomach still hadn't subsided, and from the fire in my cheeks it seemed as though my face was still as red as a tomato. The kiss was absolutely magical and I could still feel the tingles on my lips where his met mine.

Aden stopped in front of my apartment building and every bone in my body wanted to stay where I was, with him. But the more rational part of me knew that Aunt Claire would be waiting for me already.

"Thank you for tonight," I said, gazing into Aden's eyes again. The green specks in them seemed to glow under the moonlight and from the dim lighting in the car.

"Goodnight Clumsy," he flashed me a dashing smile that made my knees wobble. He leaned towards me from his seat and pressed a light kiss onto my forehead. Sparks ignited from my forehead all over my body and I shut my eyes, wanting to commit this moment into my memory forever. I wanted this whole night to be remembered.

A second later, he returned to his seat again, my forehead feeling much colder and empty without his lips there.

I have him one last smile and got out of the car. No other words were needed.

That night as I laid in my bed, I didn't think of my mother or what I saw on my driveway. I thought of Aden, and how his lips felt on mine. And from that thought I slept better than I had in two months.

_____________________________

"Oh my god, no fucking way!" Josie squealed, slamming her locker door shut. She looked at me with wide doe eyes that danced with excitement. "He fucking kissed you?!"

I slapped Josie hard in the shoulder as we walked towards the science wing of the school. "Yes, that's what I said. Keep your voice down please," I told her as I began noticing a couple weird looks I got from some freshmen in the hall.

The weekend had come and gone, and much to my disappointment, I was back at school on Monday.

Aunt Claire finally made my appointment with Doctor Miranda after I told her that I would give it another chance and perhaps also have her prescribe sleeping pills. I guess Aden was right, Aunt Claire just wanted to do what she thought was best for me, and maybe I should let her.

Aden and I had sent a few texts back and forth, but neither of us had talked about the kiss. I had no clue what it meant for us now. I couldn't deny that I liked it, and it seemed like he did too, he was the one who initiated it after all.