•C h a p t e r T w e n t y - O n e•

Song for chapter twenty one: Dusk till Dawn by Zayn and Sia

|Skyler|

After Aden got over my revolting surprise on his shoes, he placed his hands on my shoulder and guided me to the passenger seat.

"Ouch," I grumbled as the side of my head smacked against the top of his car.

"Jesus, did that hurt?" Aden bent over to look at me, his eyebrows furrowed in concern. I gave him a flat look. My stomach and throat burned again as if I had just poured more vodka in my mouth. Let me just say, it didn't taste any better coming back up. "I'll take that as a no," he said nonchalantly as he shut the door.

He went around his car to his own seat, shutting the door behind him. He switched his dirty shoes where I had my accident into a pair of runners in the back of his car.

"Where do you live again?" he asked me, sticking his keys in to ignite the engine. I recited my address and he started the car.

"Aden tell me a joke," I slurred, staring at the roof of the car that was now spinning wilder than a merry go round. I needed something to get my mind off of that.

"Um.. okay," Aden said after a moment as his focus was on the road. To my relief, he seemed to take extra care to drive at the speed limit this time. "Why did the man throw the butter out the window?"

I raked my clouded brain for an answer, but it ended up blank. "Why?" I turned to look at Aden, instantly regretting that decision when my head was hit with a throbbing pain.

He looked over at me, a mischievous grin playing on his lips, "To see the butterfly."

I bursted out laughing until I was clutching my stomach in pain. The silent car echoed from my obnoxious laughter. I was bound to get abs after that one.

"That's a good one," I wiped tears from my eyes as I giggled. Aden only shook his head, a small smile spreading over his lips as he drove. When I finally cooled down, I sighed, sinking deep into his leather seats. "You tell funny jokes," I slurred. A moment of silence passed between us.

"Aden I want a hug," I turned to stare at him, my lips pouting. The car spun from the sudden movement I made.

He eyed me from where he sat, a crooked smile plastered on his face, "You'll get one when we get to your place."

I beamed, "Okay, I'm gonna play a song," I stated, sitting back up again and plugging my phone into the AUX chord that was laying between Aden and I. I blinked away the dizziness that once again assaulted me as I sat up and giggled when I found the perfect song.