•C h a p t e r T w e n t y - F i v e•

Song for chapter twenty five: Best Day of My Life by American Authors

|Aden|

I walked towards the front of the school, my duffel bag in one hand and a backpack full of snacks slung over my shoulder.

It was seven thirty in the morning and not going to lie, I was still half asleep. Normally I wouldn't even be up until an hour later before I hauled my ass to school just before the bell rang. But now, I would have to be stuck in the bus full of other rowdy guys. At least I had Skyler.

Ryan had spent the whole day yesterday sulking and moping about how he'd be missing Josie today and throughout the weekend.

As I approached the large forest green and white tour bus that belonged to my school, with the words 'Cypress High School' etched onto the sides. A large smile spread over my face at the sight of Skyler. She was lugging her own duffel bag to the luggage compartment under the bus. Even though she sported a large plain sweater and a pair of leggings, she still looked perfect to me.

I noticed Mr. Woods stepping out of the bus, dressed stylishly in a pair of grey sweats and our school hoodie. He screamed at the students who'd already arrived to get their shit in the bus.

What an icon.

"Hey Clumsy," I greeted as I fell into step with Skyler. Her body jumped up from surprise as she turned to look at me, glowering. "Aren't you just a little ball of sunshine," I smirked.

She rolled her eyes. "Only to you," she drawled back smugly.

She avoided my eye contact as we made our way to the luggage compartment, but without a doubt, I could see two faint red spots on her cheeks. I tossed my bag into the compartment and held out my hand for hers. She gave me a sheepish smile, her cheeks growing redder as she handed it to me to throw it in. Our hands grazed against each other's, and I sucked in a breath. A few other guys behind us did the same.

The one thing I'd noticed about Skyler was that she blushed. Like a lot. And every time she did, her face would go beet red, that was just the kind of blusher she was. I liked it.

"Let's get this party started!" I heard Ryan hoot behind me. I turned around to see him jogging towards us, with only a backpack over his shoulders. "Your day has just gotten better," he said as he threw the bag into the compartment. Skyler and I watched as it flipped over onto its side, but Ryan didn't seem to mind.

I rolled my eyes, even though I could feel a ghost of a smile on my lips.

Ryan looked between Skyler and I, who stood quietly next to me, his lips stretching out. "Oh, never mind, I see your day has already been made," Ryan eyed Skyler with an annoying smirk that I wanted to smack out of him as we filed into the bus.