•C h a p t e r T w e n t y - S e v e n•

Song for chapter twenty seven: Treacherous by Taylor Swift

|Skyler|

"Austin what are you doing here?" my voice wavered slightly as I stepped towards the door. Aden opened the door wider by a fraction, though his body was rigid and tense as if it were the last thing he wanted to do. "How did you know where my room was?"

I wrapped my arms around myself. Maybe I was paranoid but I didn't want a repeat of what happened at the party — or worse, what could have happened.

"I need to talk to you," Austin began, shuffling on his feet. I guess he needed alcohol to feel confident. "I overheard the room number Mr. Woods gave to you when we first got here."

That's stalkerish.

"What do you want?" Aden demanded through gritted teeth, keeping a firm grip on the door as if he would shut it if Austin got too close.

"I wanted to talk with her, alone," Austin shot Aden a look, which he ignored.

"Like that's gonna happen," Aden's eyes narrowed to slits again.

I made my way over to Aden and placed a hand on his forearm. "It's fine," I told him. He stared at me intently for a few moments before giving in, stepping away from the door. He plopped down onto my bed, still in his wet clothes, earning a glare from me. He gave me a sheepish smile and stood back up, leaning against the wall instead.

I turned to Austin with an eyebrow raised, not inviting him into the room.

He glanced at Aden beside me, awkwardly before turning his attention back to me. "I just wanted to apologize for how I acted at the party," he scratched the back of his neck. "I know that I was a huge jerk, and I was just drunk. It won't happen again."

"It's.. it's okay," I managed a smiled at Austin. What he tried to do was horrible, but I was just glad it didn't actually happen because Aden was there. Though, I also had an itching feeling that Austin must've been slightly aware of his actions if he could still remember them.

"Really?" Austin's face brightened and I nodded.

"Just, please don't ever do anything like that again. To anyone. I'll see you tomorrow," I sighed. The crooked smile didn't leave his face as he turned and began walking off to the elevator down the hall. I shut the door behind him, letting out a heavy breath. I spun around to see Aden's unimpressed expression. "What?"

"You're too forgiving, Clumsy," Aden said, pushing himself off the wall. "He's only apologizing because he wants to feel better about himself."

"He didn't even actually do anything," I avoided his eye contact.

"Yeah, because I was there and I saw what he was trying to do. What if I hadn't been?" Aden raised an eyebrow and I kept my gaze on the floor. I knew he was right, but what was I to do, hold a grudge against Austin?