•C h a p t e r T h i r t y•

Song for chapter thirty: How to Love by Cash Cash Ft

Song for chapter thirty: How to Love by Cash Cash Ft. Sofia Reyes

|Skyler|

I stepped out of the elevator and began making my way to Aden's apartment door. I'd decided to walk there from Aunt Claire's apartment seeing as I needed the exercise even though the weather had gotten cold again. The whole hiking trip for gym class was fun and all, but let's be honest, going to an amusement park and pigging out on hot dogs was not exactly healthy.

Josie had phoned me on the way there, squealing at the fact that Ryan had asked her out on a date in the most romantic way possible.

Ryan had taken her to a dinner at an Italian restaurant, and then at the end, the waitress brought out a cake with the letters written "be my girlfriend?" on top of it. And then she spent the night at his house doing who knew what. Which if I even tried anything like that at all, Aunt Claire would whoop my ass. My mom would have too.

When I told her about how Aden asked me out, she screamed louder than she had for herself. But not without saying how she called it and totally saw it coming. She began planning our wedding right after as I tried to tell her she was getting ahead of herself.

It was already nearing six o'clock in the evening, and Aden had invited me over for dinner and a movie. This time he was ordering pizza rather than cooking which was fine with me since I'd just walked a couple miles to get to his house. It was all about the balance.

I was only dressed in a large oversized hoodie and a pair of leggings since it was a casual date. My knuckles tapped against his door when I got there and he opened it within moments. My eyes subconsciously trailed over his body, clad in a Cypress High t-shirt and a pair of black sweats.

"Hey," he gave me a cheeky grin as he opened the door wider for me and I stepped inside. He bent over, giving me a quick peck on the lips as he shut the door. My eyes widened and I felt my cheeks burn from the gesture. I hadn't ever had an intimate boyfriend before, so in my defence it was all new to me.

"The pizza came like a few minutes ago," he told me as we walked to his living room, where he'd set up the pizza box on the coffee table and a bunch of movies lined up by the couch.

"Oooh thank god I'm starving," I drooled as I sat down on the floor in front of the couch.

Especially from my walk here.

"It was the most embarrassing thing ever, the pizza delivery man knocked and I opened the door and I said 'hey Clumsy' cause I thought it was you," he shook his head, sitting down on the couch.

I chuckled to myself at the image of the confused delivery boy on the other side of the door.

"Now, don't get any ideas. You're not getting lucky tonight," his lips stretched out into a large smirk and my jaw slackened.