chapter two

002: accuse me a witch

To say I was confused after the following events that happened after being held down by the Recon Corps was an understatement.

I had boldly assumed I was going to be tackled down, maybe even beaten before I was chained and immediately sent to bars but that was nothing to what happened at all.

I was calmly shackled, escorted by a few soldiers and was taken to one of what I assumed was their headquarters.

Which leads us now to our current situation.

The room was eerily quiet, not even a single sound of beat could be heard, except for the quiet and constant release of air I made. The surrounding was clean, a single chair adjacent to mine and a long ass table divided me from it. Their was a single window to the left, but it was made out of concrete bars instead of glass pane, which made escaping through it impossible, not that I was planning it. I was at their base, swarmed with millions of soldiers, escaping at this point was beyond me.

I shuffled my feet, trying to get a good position. It was hard to move, considering my hands were clamped together behind me.

The door creaked open, revealing three figures that made itself across the room.

The blonde commander, the maniacal woman with glasses and that cute raven head with an undercut.

Raising my eyebrows, I straightened myself against the back of the chair, propping my legs over the other and staring at the man with blue eyes.

He took a seat in front of me, leveling my heavy gaze. The company he had stood by both his sides, their auras were brooding.

"You're probably wondering why we took you here, instead of sending you straight to the Military Police" the man started.

How exciting is this going to be?

I let the silence linger a little longer, before giving a small smile that was partially covered with my hair that was in a heap of mess. "Do enlighten me"

He looked perplexed at the moment, a bit surprised at the jolliness of my tone. He must have not expected me to be taking this lightly, but frankly, I wasn't. It had just been my nature to be so playful at times like these.

"I'm Erwin Smith, commander of the Recon Corps. This is Hange Zoe, the section commander and Levi the Captain of the Special Operation Squad"

"Wish I could shake your hand but I'm currently held back but anyways, the name's Y/n, though you probably know me already" I grinned, giving him a good nod.

"Just Y/n?" Hange asked.

"Just Y/n"

Erwin gave a little nod of acknowledgement and honestly, I was quite surprised at how easy the flow was going. Everything felt natural, as if I wasn't even going to be jailed anytime soon.

"You're quick on your feet and agile with your moves."

Is this a fucking compliment?

"Thanks. Been told many times before"

"Have you received proper training before?" Erwin asked.