chapter twenty five

025: i think the world is going to end soon

"What're we supposed to do now?" I asked, as I huffed, taking a seat down the stack of crates by the side. 

Hange and the rest were all practically deployed for now, but we were left to stay for the meanwhile. 

"Well, we wait." Levi said with no hint of regard at all. He seemed calmer than how expected him to be. With the both of us being out of commission, I had honestly expected him to be a little antsy, but for some reason, he looked unbothered at all.

"We still have time before we head out with Erwin as well, go do something if you must." he motioned.

"Oh right! I'm gonna head on and take a shower, I need to change bandages. I was gonna ask Hange for some spare ones but she seemed busy." I mumbled, not fully aware I was rambling myself away in front of Levi.

"They have some in the storage supplies." Levi answered before walking away and out of the room. "Hurry up, I won't hesitate to leave you behind." he muttered.

"That's not what you said the other day." I teased, pertaining to the night before yesterday when I was literally breaking down in front of the man I'd least expect to give a shit about me. He scrunched his nose at me, a disdainful grim line pressing in his lips as his eyes sneered. 

"Don't test me, Y/n. I'm feeling rather generous today."

Before he could change his mind, I swiftly exited the room to head to the upper floors of the barracks, feeling a giggle bubble up my throat as I recalled Levi's hilarious reaction. 

Well maybe night time was starting to become a perfect time for the both of us as well, but only time could tell if two different personalities such as ours could really mix well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The steam of the hot shower finally released itself as I opened up the door to step out. a contented sigh escaped my lips, fully relaxed after taking that shower. My shoulders dropped as I placed the towel I was using to dry my hair by my shoulders. 

I had only a plain white skirt that Hange, once again got for me, and a sports bra. I still needed to place new bandages for my torso wounds, but before that, I approached the full body sized mirror in the empty, extra room to check myself out. 

The little wounds were already starting to close up and heal, but some of them still needed at least a few days to totally close up, especially since I moved a lot recently, which was why the big wounds tended to open up quite a lot. 

One particular wound stretched towards the back of my torso. It was hard to patch that up since I had to practically twist myself to wrap it up, and I winced when I even only attempted to do so. 

A stood their for a considerate amount of time, holding the gauze and roll of bandages in my palm and staring blankly into oblivion as I tried to think of a way to fix it. Back then, during my first expeditions with the Scouts, Petra would always be the one to help patch myself up whenever I would get scratched, although it was never as worse as this, she would always be the one to offer in helping me wrap injuries up, and Eld would always give a hand as well. 

Those memories made me smile to myself. If Hange was here too, I wouldn't be having a hard time since she was basically the one who did it for me. The smart woman may look impulsive and insane but she's actually responsible and caring if it calls for it, specially when she's not high of her Titan science.