chapter thirty three

033: would you like that?

Slowly unbuttoning the damp cloth that hugged my body, the smell of metallic liquid lingered when i discarded it temporarily to the side, exposing the gaze of the gunshot that almost pierced my flesh.

"Y/n-san? What are you doing?" Conny asked from across me seating.

We were all gathered in the old storage house where Jean and Armin were "kidnapped." I gave Conny a raise of the brow when he turned red, flustered at the sight of me, topless in front of him. Jean was slightly bothered as well but said nothing. Mikasa was probably still outside, calming Armin's nerves.

"Oh come one, kid, this won't be the first time this'll happen." I huffed, ripping a part of my cloak to serve as a wrap. I gently folded the cloth against the exposed wound to seal it. It wasn't anything major as I still could move efficiently.

"Put your shirt back on, Y/n." Levi demanded after I cleaned my own gash.

I gave him a deadpan look, eyeing him up and down. "Bold words for someone who's half naked right now."

He gave me a roll of his eyes and I could only watch him, as Sasha was tending to his own wounds. With a huff, I quickly put on my shirt again, buttoning it up as quickly as possible before moving over to him.

"I'll take from here, Sasha." I smiled over to her. She lit up and instantly handing me the bandages as she exited away. Crouching over to Levi's level, he moved to make more space to enable to sit near him.

He didn't respond while I carefully patched him up. With only the silence that served between the two of us, my eyes couldn't help but race the details along his exposed muscles, lightly fleing whenever he would subtly move and straighten himself. Fine lines that curled along his biceps and his toned chest made me look away.

Good heavens, do not sway me from my sanity.

"All done." I announced as I tied it all up. The situation vaguely reminded me of that one time he was the one who wrapped up my own wounds. "How does it feel?" I asked, leaning forward, the gap between us shortening as I looked up to him, awaiting his response.

Levi slightly jolted, barely even noticeable as he slightly leaned back because of the closeness. I could see the hint of sparkle in his dead eyes, and his lips slightly quivering.

"A-..All b-better."

He stuttered.

My mind racked, trying to figure out why he just did so but, to spare him the teasing, I only hummed and stood up from my position.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone was now gathered around the small lit camp fire we managed to put on, for warmth and for the comfort of having something to light up this dim room. I gave in the few rations I managed to find around the corners of the storage room.

Armin still looked like he was in a state of shock as he opened the wrap, barely even conscious of what he was doing if I were to guess.

"What's wrong? This grimy place kill your appetite?" Levi probed, looking up to the boy in front of him. I gave him a slight nudge, a sign to tell him to tone down since Armin was still all new to this and was probably still comprehending the whole situation.

"No..." Armin answered, a bit lowly which made me rise up from my slouched position next to Levi. The blonde boy looked over to Jean, slightly tilting his head. "Jean, there's something I don't understand..."