1

"Monster!" "If only I haven't given birth to you!" "You're a disgrace to your family!" "Why can't you be more like your sisters?"

"Stop...please...I didn't want to be born this way...this isn't my fault!" tears streamed down the little girl's flushed cheeks.

"Monster, monster, monster" the chanting continues

"I am not a monster! Please...someone...anyone tell me I'm not wrong...please." Her ruby red eyes widens in fear as adults circled her

"Cursed child, why was a cursed child born in our family?!"

"I am not cursed...please just someone...I'm scared."

"We must hide this disgraceful child! Lock her up"

"No, please...wait. I never meant to hurt anyone-" the three year-old plead

"Yuck! Look at her eyes, it's so ugly haha. Blood red"

"Her hair is white like spider webs eww!"

"Mom, please... save me" she whimpered looking pleadingly at her mother.

"Don't call me with your filthy mouth. I can't believe you came out of my womb!" Her own mother eyed her with disgust.

The servants eyed her pitifully but did nothing. Some were whispering amongst themselves saying the child was cursed. And she, the very victim can do nothing but plea not wanting to hurt anyone.

She opened her eyes wondering why she had dreamt of her past. She had no idea where she was as she sat up. A sofa?

"Oh, you're awake." A cold voice greeted making her shot her head towards the direction.

Memories rushed back to her head when she looked at the man before her. She glared at him not saying a word.

Earlier, she was greeted by the view of men holding her aunt down when she got home. They threatened her to follow them cooperatively or else they would hurt her aunt. She wanted to boil them alive but she was afraid that her aunt will be hurt in the process.

Why did she want to protect her aunt? Her aunt was the only one that actually pitied her when she was locked up in that small room. Her aunt made efforts to bring her books so that she will learn about the outside world.

She spent her nine years reading the books that her aunt gave her daily. Everyday's genre was different, from history to math, from math to fiction. She was determined to learn about the outside world to prepare for the day she can escape.

But now her freedom will be restrained again. And freedom will just be a dream again...it has only been a year since she had her freedom. And after meeting her aunt for the first time that year, she was happy but this happened just on the next day.

When she agreed to the conditions those men made, one of the man in black suit shot her with benzodiazepines-a drug that cause a person to feel sleepy- which made her pass out. And here she is now.

Bella's PoV

Why does my ear my ears feel heavy? What is this hanging from my ears? Earrings?

"Why do I have earrings?" I mumbled

"Those are ability restraint tools so you can't fully use all your ability. Also, look at your wrist."

I did as he said and saw nothing...I tilted my head to him.

"Left wrist." He chuckled

I look down and see a black wristband? Is there something special about it?

"Press the button in the middle." He said using his monotone voice again.

I did as I was told and a screen appeared in front of me. With my information and a few selections on the side like map, schedule, calendar...

"That is your identification. Every student have one, it is very important so don't lose it. It has the map of the school, your class schedule, your own planner that you can use with guaranteed privacy."

He specifically said that so that must mean...this thing can show them my location and other than that app my privacy isn't guaranteed.

"It is also the key to your dorm. And here we use 'stars' as currency and that currency can be seen on the top of your screen there. Basically this wrist band is your wallet as well. Missions will be send to you via this wristband."

Hmmm~so this little thing is so important. I thought he was exaggerating when he said it was very important. Oho~there's a rank? Is this a game?

"Mister, why am I ranked 'Hydra'? The largest constellation in the sky, is there a meaning behind this?"

"Yes, there are five rankings, six if you include no rank. The lowest is Hercules, then Cetus, Ursa Major, Virgo and the highest Hydra. And your ranking determines your dorm, monthly allowance and benefits."

So they have such an interestingly system here. Not bad for a shady academy, I thought they just abuse students here or maybe mine hasn't start...

"Miss Bella, your allowance this month has already been transferred into your Pulsera, your wristband. Also about the work we give you, you cannot mention it with someone who doesn't work."

"Doesn't work? There are students who doesn't work?"  I asked , confused.

"I know this is unfair but only a little students need to work. Students with strong abilities. Even among ability users not everyone has a a strong one but yours is. And for compensation of the work you do, you are ranked a Hydra."

"So all Hydra works?" I questioned

"Yes, and there are also a few Virgo that works. There are only five Hydras in the academy including you and you are the only female. But there is also another female who is a Virgo that works."

"Having friends or not doesn't really concern me. Other than work time and class I am free to roam the academy right?" I faked a smile.

Faking a smile really isn't hard for me. During the one year I was free, I worked as a model. I thought people would freak out when they saw me but turns out they think I am quite a beauty...if only the people from that house thought that way...

"Yes, and you can redecorate and add other things in your dorm room since you will be living here for quite awhile. You're class starts tomorrow as well as work."

Uwaa! That shocked me, there was another person standing behind the Mister.

"He will follow you to the dorm so you can tell him the modifications and it will be done before tonight. I look forward working with you."

Now that I see clearly ,his eyes are red like mine...so there are other people with red eyes.

"I can't say the same to you but can you tell me who you are?"

"I am the headmaster of the middle school devision of this academy. You can just call me headmaster" he smiled

Is it me or did his gaze soften for a moment? This doesn't change the fact they took away my freedom by threatening me. Well whatever, I want to see the dorm ,might as well try my best to make myself comfy.