ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞~ Ⓡⓔⓒⓞⓝⓒⓘⓛⓘⓐⓣⓘⓞⓝ?

By the time Jimin drove me back to the apartment, it was quarter to nine, and I was exhausted. Although he didn't get out of the car, Jimin stayed parked in front of the building until I safely entered and waved goodbye from inside. I saw him smile before taking off.

Fairing the lady at the front desk a good night, I made my way over to the elevator, and thought about how I was going to confront Taehyung about my bra. His cup of hot chocolate warmed my chilled hand as I softly hummed to myself. I somewhat hoped that my new roommate was already tucked away in bed, because I was feeling the urge to down another cup of hot cocoa.

However, at the same time, a wee part of me wanted him to be awake.

Ding!

The elevator doors slowly slid open, notifying me that I had reached my designated floor. When I stepped out into the hallway, I overheard someone speaking Korean to another, and panicking, I pivoted frantically in the empty hallway, unsure of which direction to take. Left, right, left, or right?

As the voice grew louder, I decided to dash around the right corner since I believed the unknown was walking from the left. "Aigoo, I'll be home soon Umma, don't fret anymore, okay? Annyeong!"

The familiar ding from the elevator sounded, easing my stress of being seen. When I was sure the very dutiful son was gone, I peeked around the corner to discover absolutely no one loitering. Sighing in relief, I jogged over to my door and stuck the key into the lock, looked around once again, and opened the door, quickly shutting it behind me.

The apartment lights were on, and noise from the TV filled my ears. So he wasn't asleep. Okay. Cool. It's not like I was going to drink it anyway.

My tired steps alerted Taehyung, who turned his head, arms spread on the couch cushions. He quickly stood up, saying "Oh, Gemma, hello. I just want to apologize again for what happened to your...for what Yeontan did." He bowed. I smiled, eyes too heavy to argue about my forty-five dollar bra.

"It's okay Taehyung, it really wasn't your fault." I glanced at the television, where Tae had paused some Korean drama. "What are you watching?" I asked, sort of intrigued. "Oh," I added, "this hot chocolate is for you, so drink it while it's still warm."

Taehyung's face lit up at the mention of the hot beverage and took it with shining eyes. "Thanks," he said. "I'm watching 'Crash Landing on You,' want to join me?" Omg is he actually. I stifled a laugh. "I appreciate the offer, but I'll have to pass, it's been a really long day. But before I hit the hay, I do have something we need to talk about." Taehyung nodded as we sat together on opposite ends of the couch. Yeontan lay curled in a fuzzy ball in the middle.

I initiated my string of questions. (Interrogation).

"Has it been long since you moved in here? Considering you don't own any silverware at the moment, it concerns me a bit. I doubt you have any actual food in those cabinets, and there's no welcome mat at the entrance, which is bugging me because I hate wet floors."

Taehyung stared at me after I finished my very short tirade. He began to answer my questions one by one. "I moved in here about one week ago and to be honest, we spent little time at the dorm, or in my case, at home because of work. The group has been pretty busy lately, leaving no room for me to go shopping for necessities. Our break is right around the corner though, so by then I should be fine. Also, no, besides packets of ramen, I have a limited amount of food. I usually eat at BigHit or just order takeout. And I'm sorry about the mat thing," Taehyung laughed, "which is another mishap of my crazy schedule."