ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟠~Ⓤⓝⓔⓧⓟⓔⓒⓣⓔⓓ Ⓣⓦⓘⓢⓣ

I couldn't help but secretly watch Taehyung as I awaited his reaction. He mixed the oatmeal around with his spoon, giving it a skeptical but curious look. What's there to be hesitant about? I prepared his the exact same way I had made mine, with the honey and everything.

I was surprised to find myself pining for his approval, as if I were desperate to receive praise for my homemade oatmeal.

Grabbing my own bowl from the dining table, I sat a seat over from Taehyung at the counter, and continued eating.

Taking tab of the silence between us, I glanced at Tae, who was still staring at his breakfast like I had poisoned it. He wouldn't think that though, right? Eh, who am I kidding, he probably was. My irritation piqued at Taehyung's incessant swirling. The poor strawberries were stuck in the middle of it all, sinking bit by bit with every circular motion.

"It isn't going to eat itself," I mumbled without second thought, irked that he wasn't eating my oatmeal. As soon as I said those words aloud, I mentally face-palmed. And because I have the worst luck in the world, Taehyung heard my garble and snapped his head towards me.

"What was that?" He questioned, obviously amped up to argue.

You're such an idiot, I admonished myself, ready to go on the defensive.

"Um, sorry? I didn't say anything, you must be hearing things." I said, proud that I could come up with something in that short amount of time.

"I'm sure you said something-"

"Oh for crying out load, just take a flipping bite!" I exclaimed, rotating a full 180 degrees to face him.

Taehyung raised his eyebrows, surprised with my sudden outburst. I stared back, arm on the back of the wobbling stool. And for the third time that morning, he narrowed his eyes at me, dissatisfied with my tone. Now I was positive Taehyung was for sure not going to eat it, thanks to me, when he quickly scooped an excessive clump of oatmeal into his mouth, still squinting in my direction.

Aggressive.

As he chewed, his expression transformed. Without looking at me, Tae slowly took another bite, this time taking a sliced strawberry, and timidly entered the spoon into his mouth.

I peered over at him, desperately wanting to shove his surrender down his throat, which he was already doing, I suppose.

Stifling a laugh, I carried my empty but dirty bowl over to the sink, and washed it out until no oatmeal residue was left behind. The oats slowly floated towards and down the drain, leaving the stainless steal sink...stainless. I was about to place the bowl in the dishwasher when I remembered I never purchased any detergent or pods. Damn, better add that to the growing list of items that I forgot.

I put the bowl in there anyways, knowing full well I could cleanse it with Dawn soap, but I pushed the thought aside, feeling too lazy. I can be responsible in a hour or so.

Speaking of responsibilities, I had to call BigHit right away to notify them of my arrival. Since today's Thursday, I have four more days of freedom left till Monday, my first day on the job. Ugh, I'm getting nervous just thinking about it! However, I'm more anxious about questioning my employer regarding my living arrangements, and how I'm ever going to afford sharing this apartment with-

"Gemma."

Huh? Now what does he want? I swear, I think I'm starting to hear his voice in my head-

"Gemma!!"

A sharp voice snapped me back into reality, and I shifted my dazed focus onto Taehyung, who had his hands folded underneath his chin. I couldn't exactly pinpoint his expression, but his lips were parted, illuminating his perplexity.

"Yes?" I asked, a tad bothered I was so forcefully pulled out of my comfortable trance.

"I just wanted to let you know that I've invited Jimin and Namjoon over for some Chinese takeout, since rehearsal was cancelled and all."

I blinked at this, trying to grasp the realization that I was going to meet Kim Namjoon, the inspiring leader of BTS. Taehyung looked at me, waiting for a response.

"Oh, neat. But what about your other members?" I answered with a question.

"The others don't know about you yet, and I would like to keep it that way for some time." Taehyung stated rather bluntly, which kind of dug at me, but I then willed myself to understand that his situation was also my situation, and that I should take his feelings into account.

Nevertheless, having said that, I still wanted to take a jab at him, like it's seriously soooo tempting. I just need an opening.

"K, that's fine," I returned curtly, "What time are they coming?"

"Around five, maybe sooner, like 4:30 or so."

"Will I be joining you?" I inquired, feeling subconscious. "I don't want to impose on you or anything."

Taehyung raised his eyebrow, a small smile forming on his lips. "Yes, particularly because Jimin requested you eat with us when I didn't mention you. Also, Namjoon doesn't want you feeling excluded."

Didn't mention me? Particularly Jimin? I'm guessing I wasn't invited in the first place.

"Oh, I see. So basically, you're the only one who doesn't want me there, is that right?" I crossed my arms, hurt.

"Wait what? I didn't mean it that way Gemma-"

"Sure, whatever, it's fine, I'll be in my room if you need me."

Yeontan stared up at me, somehow understanding the feel of the room.

"Don't forget to rinse your bowl," I called out, already in the hallway. Turns out I wasn't able to take a jab at him after all; he beat me to it.

Tae's P.O.V

Oops.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote!