ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟝~Ⓛⓤⓒⓘⓓ Ⓓⓡⓔⓐⓜⓢ

A vivid and almost life-like dream played in my head when I fell asleep, starring only yours truly. In the dream, I envisioned myself standing on top of a long and narrow diving board, and you'll soon see why this dream foreshadowed my impending death. Please just casually ignore that spoiler alert.

I looked around at my surroundings, wondering where the hell I was, when I suddenly became well aware of the fact that my being had been suspended very high up. A clear blue sky could be seen miles on end in all directions.

From an unconscious distance, I watched as my own self mistakenly glanced down. White, puffy clouds obscured my view--her view--from seeing what lay below.

Despite my panic, Gemma 2.0 appeared calm and collected. Then she strode forward until reaching the end of the board, probably planning to execute some awesome flip sequence.

"Go me!" I rooted, emitting no sound. The fearless version of myself crouched and then bounced, exploding upward.

But as soon as her feet landed, I was abruptly transported back into my body, no longer a disturbing spirit cheering on the sidelines.

And because I had absolutely no experience in the sport of diving whatsoever, my dumbass stumbled over nonexistent slipperiness, causing me to teeter off the diving board sideways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thudded harshly on the ground, jolting from my sleep. Okay, I don't think it's physical possible for us to actually land when we fall in a dream, but that's just me.

Laying on my back, I stared into complete darkness. Was I dead or something, because I'm supposed to be in cloudy paradise playing cards with Jesus. Where was I? I sat up, kneading my pounding head, and past events shot through my mind at rapid speed.

I came to South Korea to work for BigHit Entertainment as a photographer, where I would remain employed for two years. Ah, yes, that sounds about right.

But something else of importance nagged at me, and the more I tried to remember, the more that thought slipped away into the abyss of my brain.

Hm, I could swear there was something else, what was it exactly?

All of a sudden, a soft moan could be heard above me.

Oh no.

Tentatively glancing up, I was able to make out a face hanging over some sort of ledge.

Oh no, please no.

Everything came back to me in a flash while I sat there staring at Kim Taehyung's sleeping face.

I had barged in on him in the shower. We argued over the contract. He took my fork. I met Park Jimin and we went to get McDonald's. Yeontan ripped my bra. Taehyung and I shopped at Costco and bickered over what was needed and what wasn't. Then I almost got hit by a car, Tae got a bloody nose and struck a fever, and then he caused even more damage by hitting me with his door.

Looking up at him again, this time glaring, I wondered how I fell. His arm draped over the edge of the bed, inches away from touching the floor. Why, now that I think about it, it's become overwhelmingly clear I was pushed off! This smurf has a king sized bed for Pete's sake, and he just couldn't stay on his side. Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!

I pushed myself up off the floor, exhausted but wide awake at the same time. As my eyes adjusted to the pitch black room, I began to head towards the door on quiet tiptoes, trying to scope out the hills of clothes.

While I didn't run into racks of clothing, I ended up tripping over the thick comforter that Taehyung and I had ditched because of his fever.

"Eep!" I yipped, landing on my hands and knees.

If I fall or trip one more freaking time, I will seriously jump off the balcony. No joke.

I glanced back at Taehyung to check if he was still asleep, and I was rewarded with no movement. Staying on all fours, I crawled towards the door and crawled straight on out.

Once I was through, I closed the door gently--no squeaking, thank God-- and leaned against the wall. Whew, that took a bit out of me. I'll just rest here for a little while... 

Tae's P.O.V

Taehyung awoke, stretching his arms above his blue head. He looked out the grand window, smiling at the beauty of the morning. Shining, white snowflakes began their descent, making way for perhaps another storm.

Rubbing his eyes, Tae felt his head throb, but gladly noticed he wasn't profusely sweating or heating up, making him happy.

He dazed off, trying to remember something.

Gemma!

Taehyung snapped his head to the side where Gemma had slept, finally acknowledging her absence.

Stumbling out of bed, Taehyung first glanced at his appearance, making sure to get into something more suitable later, and raced to the door, unsure of Gemma's existence. Had he dreamt the whole thing? His head hurt too much for him to think clear thoughts.

Taehyung cranked the handle and opened the door open with full force, beginning to declare himself crazy for letting a woman share his bed. Unless she was imaginary, of course, then he would be sane.

But the door met an opposing force, pushing it back slightly.

The bewildered Korean was shocked to find Gemma behind the door, nestled into a ball against the wall. Taehyung cocked his head, sort of amazed how peaceful she looked, even after she got bombarded a second time.

Tae decided he liked peaceful Gemma better than oh-my-goodness-don't-be-such-an-idiot-Gemma much more. Her words, not his.

"How did you even end up over here?" Taehyung whispered, chuckling lightly.

Should I carry her? Taehyung randomly thought, a feeling of protectiveness consuming him.

She shouldn't be too heavy, right? Gemma's only like....I don't know how tall she is, but she's short, so this'll be easy. V assured himself, not feeling confidant at all.

But when he reached for her waist, Taehyung saw that her shirt was lifted a fraction of an inch, revealing smooth skin. Intimidated, Tae drew back and came up with a different solution.

Going over to Gemma's feet, Taehyung bent down and grabbed her ankles, preparing himself to pull. He planned to drag the American into the living room and onto the couch, because it was easier than the bed.

Taehyung was fearful. He prayed to God up above that Gemma wouldn't wake up so he wouldn't be turned into a shishkabob. Who knows what she might do to him.

He exhaled, tightened his grip, and pulled, slowly walking backwards. Gemma's soft clothes made it uncomplicated to drag her down the wooden floor. However, as soon as the floor transformed into marble, Gemma's gray long sleeve caught on to a hick in the marble and it began to climb upward, exposing more and more of her toned stomach.

Flushing, Tae immediately halted and fixed the problem, his slender fingers grazing her skin.

He continued to lug Gemma's dormant body, ready to catch a few more Z's himself.

Almost there.

Taehyung reached the living room, and propping Gemma up against the couch, he lifted her gently by the armpits and situated her on the fluffy cushions. He stared at her some more, beginning to envision her as some sort of pillow. 

Rubbing his eyes again, Tae retrieved two blankets and laid one over Gemma's small figure. He then gathered himself on the opposite side of the couch, and quickly fell asleep all in a good day's work.