Chapter 14

-edited-

Driving home on an empty highway.
I thought about you and I hit the brakes, what we had and who we were was so clear. But right now I can't see nothing through these tears.

Taehyung's POV

"Where were you awhile ago?" I heard Jhope ask as I was getting ready to wash my face. "Nowhere." I replied nonchalantly and walked to the bathroom. I started washing my face, ignoring Jhope who keeps on asking about my whereabouts.

"Really, Tae. Where were you? You and Lisa were both gone at the same time. Wait, d-did you..?" I looked at Jhope in disbelief. "What the fuck are you thinking about?" I shook my head and patted the toner on my face. "Idiot, I was thinking about you both talking about your past and stuffs. Your eyes were red when you returned." I just stayed silent and did not bother to answer him anymore.

“You should sleep now hyung, we're going to zipline tommorow." I said and went for my bed. "I know." he sighed and jumped on his bed. I turned the lights off and took my phone to play some music.

I stared at the ceiling empty-minded. Memories flashed back from awhile ago.

Flashback:

Lisa kept on apologizing, while I was left flabbergasted. I didn't know what to say, I don't understand why she's saying that she was weak, and that she was an idiot to leave me. She was sobbing in my arms like a baby, which made my heart ache even more.

I don't understand why after everything that she did to me, I'm still here, not being able to get a revenge on her. Why is my heart still soft when it comes to her? I thought I fully moved on.

She broke from the hug and looked at me. Her chocolate coloured eyes piercing against mine. Then she kissed me. I felt my emotions get mixed. I was confused, I didn't what to do. Instead of pushing her away, I kissed back. Her lips tastes the same as before. Strawberries.

"I love you."

“I love you like I've always did.” she whispered in my ear and walked out. I was dumbstruck, I didn't know if I was imagining things or what. What exactly are you doing to me, Lisa?

End of Flashback

I struggled to sleep, as my mind kept on replaying the scene of our kiss like a broken video player. Till now, I still am confused. Did she really love someone else, for her to break up with me?

Lisa's POV
I sang a lullaby for Trevor to sleep. After making sure that he was already asleep, I stood up and made my way to the kitchen. I took a can of beer and went out of our room. I decided to get some fresh air on the rooftop of the hotel. As soon as I opened the door to the rooftop, I saw Jennie in a white dress leaning against the wall.

She saw me and smiled, "What are you doing here?" I asked, walking towards her. "Nothing, I just wanna look at the bright lights." she replied with a sigh. "How 'bout you?" she added.

"Well, I wanted to get some fresh air so I decided to come here." I sat beside her and gazed through the stars from afar. "With a beer? I don't think so." I heard her chuckle and took the other beer I placed beside her. "Darn, you can't drink beer. It's bad for you." I intervened and took the can of beer from her hands.

"You got a problem, Jen? You don't usually insist to drink unless you have a problem." I took a glance at her. She heaved a deep sigh and drank the milk she was drinking awhile ago. "Nothing really, it's just that.." she looked down, as her fists clenched.

I rested my hands on her back, "What is it, unnie? Come on, tell me." I asked looking at her worriedly. "I-i think Yoongi's cheating on me." her voice cracked as tears started to fall from her eyes.

My eyes widened, "U-unnie, what do you mean?" I asked.

"Yoongi, he was ta-taking a show-er awhile ago and he's pho-phone was lef-t in our bedroom. T-then somebody called him, and y-you know what? The caller's n-name on h-his phone was ‘Babe'." she bursted into tears even more.

“Who the fuck is 'babe'?! The last time I checked, I was the only one he was calling 'babe'. And I most certainly did not call him at that time!” she sobbed uncontrollably.

I hugged her immediately and hushed her. "Unnie, I'm sorry. I'll talk to him tommorow." I said. She looked at me and held my arms. "No, Lisa! He'll just deny it! There's no point of confronting him." she yelled as I pulled her into a hug once again. I can't stand her looking like this. 

"Alright, unnie. Just cry it all out." I whispered.

------------
Jennie's POV

"Unnie, take a rest alright? Forget about that thing just this night, okay? Sadness will be bad for your health, and so is it for the baby." Lisa said.

I just nodded in response and hugged her goodbye. "Lisa, thank you." I smiled warmly and opened the door of mine and Yoongi's room.

She smiled back as I entered the room. I exhaled deeply and walked inside. I saw Yoongi by the window with his legs crossed.

"Jennie?" he stood up and rushed to me. "Where were you? And why is your eyes so red?" he asked looking worried. 'Tsk, what a great pretender.' I pondered on my mind and walked away.

I went to my luggage and took some pajamas. "Jennie? Why are you ignoring me?" he held my hands to stop me. I glared at him, "Let go of me, Yoongi. I'm just tired." I replied and shoved his hands away.

"Jennie, what is wrong with you?" he asked as soon as I went out of the bathroom. I ignored him and walked to the bed. He grabbed my hands and hugged me from behind, "Jennie? What's wrong?" he asked, his voice sounding sadder than it was.

The tone of his voice made me wanna burst out into tears. I love him so so bad that I don't wanna lose him.

I faced him and stared at his eyes. His gray orbs piercing through mine. "Do you love me?" I asked without hesitation. He looked taken aback by my question but he answered quickly. "Yes, I do. Of course, I do. What kind of question is that, honey?" a smirk appeared on his lips. Right then, he kissed me passionately but I did not resist.

I can't, I can't just help myself around him. I love him so much, that even if he cheats on me..it's alright.

But do you really love me, Min Yoongi?

🌙