Chapter 26

It's not yet over.

GRETHEL KIM

"Grethel, I thought you already forced your son to marry my daughter? Why is he not here yet?" Thalia was getting impatient, she crossed her arms and glared at me.

I clicked my tounge and sipped on my glass of wine. "Thalia, if you really want both of our company to join together, then I suggest you shut that mouth of yours and we'll be alright." I hastily said.

Just then a young lass in a black dress and silver stilettos entered the room. Her appearance made the room silent.

"Oh my, Eunha! I thought you can't make it here." Thalia rushed to her daughter and hugged her. "Mom, you know I just went out with my friends for a bit, of course I'll be showing up." she replied with a smile on her lips.

Her attention then came to me as she walked to me and bowed. "You must be Mrs.  Kim, the mother of my soon to be husband. Nice to meet you." she grinned and offered me a handshake.

She received no word from me but a smile as I slowly accepted her handshake. She settled beside her mother and smiled at the other board members.

From what I see, she must be nice. But I still don't trust her that much.

Suddenly a man entered the room.

He was Taehyung, my son.

He's wearing a black suit with a white v-neck shirt inside. His aura screamed perfection, which never failed to impress me. I walked to him amd gave him a hug, but he did not respond to it and just stayed still.

"Come on, Tae. You're the only we're waiting for." I said as he followed me to his seat. I sat beside him and saw Thalia's satisfied expression.

"Hello, Mr. Kim. May I introduce you my daughter, Eunha your soon to be wife." she said with a bright "fake" smile. Eunha gave him a flirty smile and offered her hand to him.

Instead, Taehyung sat there and crossed his legs. His gaze was serious, which somehow gave tension to all of us. I know this won't turn out well but I hope he agrees to it.

I don't want him to just make a period on his father's long-running company.

Eunha awkwardly put her hands down and smiled, realizing that Taehyung was not interested in shaking her hands.

"First of all, I have only one wife to marry and surely it's not your daughter. I am not interested in marrying someone I don't know and perhaps, I already love someone else. She's the only one I am planning to marry, not your daughter Ms. Whoever You Are." he said without any emotion at all.

I nudged him in disbelief. "What?! Tae, we are here to salvage your father's company. You think I'm just here to do something stupid?! We need to take your father's company back to what it was!" I yelled.

He chuckled and stared at me like I was some kind of idiot. "Stupid, indeed." he said, which made my blood boil even more. I slapped him. He scoffed and glared at the two people infront of us.

"Your plan is stupid, Mom. You think they'll really help you? They will though, for the first months but the longer times to follow, the more assured they are to win Dad's company. They planned to do this to you so they can slowly take Dad's business and leave nothing afterwards."

He chuckled, "How sly. But you're not fooling us." he stood up. "Mom, let's go home. We'll sort this problem out on our own." with his hands on his pocket, he disappeared.

I was taken aback. How stupid was I to trust this evil bitch. "How dumb was I to trust you. Utterly dumb. Listen Thalia, never cross paths with me ever again or else. . ." I darted her a glare before leaving the place.

I caught up with my son who was walking on the hallways playing with his keys. "Tae, I'm really sorry honey." I faced him and held his hands.

"I-i don't know what to do, I was having a hard time since your father passed away. T-tell me, what can I do for you?" I was wrong all the time, when he died, I became selfish and I cannot seem to control myself anymore.

I became hard on Taehyung, and never really listened to him. Now I realized that everything I did was not right. He stared at me silently, and then spoke in a low tone.

"Mom, I just want you to accept Lisa. I want you to give us freedom to love each other. She's been through a lot, please don't threaten her again. Our son, he's gone missing. We don't know where he is. And right now, all I need is your support. Please Mom, control yourself. You weren't like this before. You're a different person from the Mom I had before. You're not her, so please, go back to her." his words became an eye opener.

I didn't know I was hurting a lot of people, especially my son. And Lisa, she was innocent, she got nothing to do with me. Why was I being mean to her? Why was I threatening her? Why did I kidnap her son?

Tears flowed down to my cheeks. My son pulled me into a hug, a hug I needed. A comfort I have been looking for, for years. “I-i have something to tell you." I caressed his face.

“What is it, Mom?"

I sighed, still hesitating whether I'll tell him about Trevor or not. I'm afraid he would keep distance from me and leave me. On the other hand, I deserved it and no money could ever pay for all the damage I've done.

I ruined their almost perfect relationship. I made Lisa struggle while living in a foreign country. And I've threatened her multiple times.

"T-Trevor, I kidnapped. . .him." I stuttered, failing to look at his eyes. We became silent, he did not speak. Instead he just stared at me. I couldn't read him. He was having mixed emotions right now.

"What did you say?" he asked, his stare was blank. Tears rapidly fell down from my eyes. This is what I'm most scared of, the feeling of having my loved one leave me. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. I'm out of my mind, Tae. I don't know what I was doing, I was lost." I bailed my eyes out.

"Why..Mom?" he shook his head, clearly disappointed for what I've done. I stayed silent, still sobbing. I don't know what to say. "You know what, just return my son.  Just return him! Lisa's fucking stressed because of your bullshit! After you do, never talk to me ever again. I'm so ashamed to be your son." he cursed under his breath before leaving me.

I slowly dropped to ground as staffs rushed to me. They were asking me if I'm fine. But I did not care, all I care about is the pain in my chest. A pain I have always avoided to feel. It was too late, too late to say sorry. Too late to apologize, because of my stupidity, here I am, losing my one and only family.

I lost my son.

------
Sorry for letting you wait a long time, I was having a writer's block. But here is it. This book's literally about to end, so I thank you guys for staying till the end though the story got messed up.

Love,
    Your forgetful author🖤