Chapter 21

I wanna tell you something.

-LALISA MANOBAN-

"LALISA MANOBAN!" I heard Jisoo unnie yell from downstairs. I immediately rushed downstairs, "What is it, unnie?" I asked catching my breath. "Oh, nothing. I thought you were escaping from us so I called you." she said and shooed me off.

'Weird.' I thought. I went back upstairs and called Trevor. "Honey, are you done taking a bath?" I asked. "Not yet, Mom." he replied back so I nodded, though he can't really see me.

"Be quick, okay? We're still gonna clean your bruise." I said. "Mom, am I not gonna attend our father's day program?" I heard him ask. I stopped what I was doing, "I don't really think so, honey." I replied. I don't wanna disappoint him, but I can't do anything about it either.

He was silent for a minute, "Can I ask Dad to come with me?" he asked all of a sudden. I sighed, "I don't think you can, honey. Your Dad is a public figure and if his fans find out about this, he will get doomed." I answered.

He did not answer anymore and just stayed silent. I was sad for him, growing up without a father is hard. "Honey, do you wanna have a play date today?" I asked.

"Really, Mom? Of course!" I heard him squeal. I chuckled at his sudden reaction, "Alright. I will introduce you to one of my friend's daughter here." I said with a grin.

"Sounds good, Mom!" he replied with utter enthusiasm.

• • •

"Unnie, let's send Trevor to Yeji's place first." I said. Jennie looked at me in confusion, "For what, Lis?" she asked. "I asked her if Trevor and Sky can have a play date together, and she gladly agreed." I answered with a smile.

"Oh, sounds good. Sky sure is an enthusiastic kid, they would be good friends." she agreed. I nodded and called Trevor.

"We're going to Yeji's place?! Jinja?!" Chaeng's face lit up. She is Sky's godmother so she's very excited. "Alright, let's go." Jisoo took the car keys as we entered the car one by one.

Trevor fell asleep in my arms on the middle of the ride. "Unnie, please stop!" Jennie yelled. Jisoo was shocked and immediately stopped the car in the middle of nowhere.

"What is it Jen, are you alright?" she asked. "Yes, unnie. I just really want to eat one of those durian on that stall. Can you buy me one?" she pleaded. Oh yeah, pregnancy cravings.

Jisoo sighed in relief and nodded. "Just wait for me, girls." she said and got out of the car.

She then got back and handed Jennie her durian and a pair of plastic utensil. "Thank you!" she said and opened the plastic container, which exposed the bad smell of durian.

Chaeng immediately woke up from her sleep and covered nose. "Unnie! The smell is gross!" she said and wore a mask. "Oops, sorry." she chuckled but continued eating anyways.

"Seems like we have to deal with this ugly smell until the end of the ride." I said as Jisoo laughed.

• • •

We arrived for what seemed like forever. "Oh my darling, I can't breathe anymore!" Chaeng yelled and ran out of the car. Jennie laughed at Chaeng's remark and got out of the car. We opened the car's door so the bad smell would disappear, hopefully.