seven | guilty

Wells was dead

Wells was dead.

He was stabbed in the neck and left to die outside the wall. Everyone assumed it was a grounder, and Astrid for it would be easier if she thought that too.

But she had suspicions. If the grounders speared Jasper and left him to die on a tree, why would they just stab Wells in the neck? Why weren't they more brutal?

She didn't have time to deal with that right now.

''Charlotte, are you okay?'' Astrid asked the young girl that wouldn't even look her in the eye.

''What? Yeah, yeah I'm fine'' Charlotte quickly said and continued tying the logs together.

Not far from where they were working, a boy Astrid recognized as Connor fell on the floor, coughing.

Murphy quickly stood near him, a frown on his face ''Hey! You think the grounders are just gonna sit around and wait for us to finish the wall? Maybe we should let the girls do the lifting for you?'' he yelled as he gestured to Astrid and Charlotte.

Connor coughed again ''I just need some water okay? Then I'll be fine''

''Murphy, get this guy some water.'' Bellamy said as he came towards Charlotte ''Hey you got this?'' he asked her and gestured to the logs with a serious expression on his face. Immediately Charlotte went to grab the log until Bellamy stopped her ''I'm joking'' he smiled. That smile that made Astrid smile. It was such a beautiful smile. Because of that smile she didn't even realize what was happening with Murphy and Connor.

Astrid looked towards the drop ship where Octavia was yelling her name. Next to her was Jasper who looked very nervous. Octavia gestured for her to go with them and Astrid was ready to go when someone grabbed her hand and spun her around so she bumped into their chest. She looked up to see Bellamy looking down at her with a serious expression. Astrid took a step back, because she didn't think she could talk when she was so close to him, and raised an eyebrow.

''We need to talk'' he stated seriously once he let go of her hand and cleared his throat.

''I kinda have to do something'' Astrid said and pointed to Octavia and Jasper.

Bellamy took a step closer so their noses were a couple inches apart ''Look, what I told you in the cave about Jaha. You can't tell anyone''

Astrid furrowed her eyebrows ''It's not my secret to tell Bellamy. I won't tell anyone unless you want me too. It's not my business'' she stated calmly and watched as Bellamy sighed in relief.

''Thank you'' he smiled and walked away.

Astrid shook her head and walked towards Octavia who was watching their interaction with a raised eyebrow.

''What was that about?'' Octavia asked once Astrid came next to her and Jasper.

''Nothing'' Astrid shrugged her shoulders.

''Really? Because he doesn't usually smile like that'' Octavia smirked and grabbed Jasper's hand.

Astrid rolled her eyes and grabbed Jasper's other hand and led him towards the gate. With each step, Jasper seemed more nervous and once they actually reached the gate, Jasper was practically shaking with fear.