twenty - one | presumed dead

Astrid was crouching next to Raven as she tried to help her the best she could with the minefields

Astrid was crouching next to Raven as she tried to help her the best she could with the minefields. But it was difficult with Bellamy being a spoiled brat.

"Come on. These foxholes aren't gonna build themselves. Better hope those landmines work. All the gunpowder we're wasting, we could be making more grenades." Bellamy shouted.

"You want to come over here and test one?" Raven asked as Astrid snorted.

"Cute." Bellamy said with a blank face. "I need this entire section mined by morning. Then you finish the south field."

"Hey... I told you, we're going after Finn, Clarke, and Monty in the morning." Raven stood up as Astrid stilled. Guilt filled her and it was almost as Raven could feel it as she turned to Astrid with a glare. "Not your fault."

"And I told you, nobody leaves this camp." Bellamy sighed, sending a small smile to Astrid.

"We can't just abandon our people. You want to lead them, show them you give a damn." Raven argued.

Suddenly a gun shot was heard in camp. Astrid jumped in shock as she shared a look with Bellamy and Raven before getting up and running towards where the sound came.

They arrived only to see a couple of people surrounding a boy named Sterling who was of course, holding a gun.

"Hey... What the hell is the matter with you?" Bellamy yelled, going up to Sterling pushing him harshly.

"I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day." Sterling apologized sheepishly.

"We've all been on watch all day! That bullet was one less dead grounder." Bellamy snapped.

Octavia came and put a hand on his shoulder. "Bell, you're scaring people."

Bellamy turned to look at all the kids. "They should be scared! The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive!" he yelled. "Get back to work!"

Astrid swallowed hard as she made eye contact with Bellamy who sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Great speech. Very inspiring." Astrid spoke up as she walked away, ignoring Bellamy.

•_•_•

Astrid wiped some sweat off of Myles' forehead just as Jasper entered the drop ship. He sent Astrid a nod of acknowledgment just as Bellamy entered the drop ship and spoke to Jasper. "Don't you think I want to go after them, too?"

Jasper turned to Bellamy and glared at him. "If it was you out there, you think Monty, Clarke, or Finn would hide behind these walls?"

"No. They'd go after me. Then they'd be dead, too. I am doing what I think is right for the group." Bellamy argued.

"It's funny, you didn't think that way when Octavia went missing." Jasper fumed as he went towards the ladder.

"Where are you going?" Bellamy sighed.

"More gunpowder for your minefield... sir." Jasper taunted as he went up the ladder.

Bellamy looked at Astrid who had her arms crossed as she swallowed. "He's right, you know."

Bellamy went to argue but Myles interrupted him. "Water...water."

Astrid went to leave but Bellamy put a hand on her shoulder. "I'll get it." he squeezed her shoulder before leaving.

Astrid bit her lip before going up the ladder where Jasper was. When he saw it was her, he sighed a little in relief before tensing. "Do you agree with Bellamy?"

Astrid sighed. "I don't. I think we should go out for them but-"

She was interrupted by muffled shouting from downstairs. Astrid shared a confused look with Jasper as she opened the hatch and went down the ladder.

Astrid stopped in her tracks when she saw a Myles not breathing with a bag over his head and a wide eyed Murphy who had a gun in his hand. "He stopped breathing. I was... I was trying to help him." Murphy stuttered.

Astrid nodded, her hands shaking as Jasper followed her down. "Yeah, I understand. I get it Johnny. Just, just put the gun down."

Astrid tried going closer to the exit, Jasper on her tow but Murphy pointed the gun at them. "He tried to kill me. Don't move!"

"Ok, ok it's cool." Jasper breathed nervously.

"No, it's not cool. You know what will happen if you tell Bellamy." Murphy argued.

"Tell Bellamy what?" came Bellamy's voice from the walkie-talkie. Astrid's eyes widened as she saw a walkie-talkie in his hand.

"Give me the radio, Jasper." Murphy said calmly, but Astrid could practically sense his anger from where she stood.

"Murphy has a gun. He killed Myles." Jasper rushed out as Murphy came forward and hit Jasper in the head with the but of his gun.

"Hey!" Astrid shouted aa she tried to grab Murphy's gun but he pointed it at her and she froze. He goes quickly and pulls the lever from the drop ship, successfully closing the door.

"Murphy! Murphy! Open the damn door!" Bellamy's voice is muffled as he pounds on the metal door.

Murphy smirks, his gun still pointed at Astrid as he talks into the radio. "You try to be a hero, Jasper and your girlfriend die."

AUTHORS NOTE
—also a really short chapter but i really wanted to post something and also thank you all for more then 22k reads. this is honestly amazing and i love you all so much

also this is not edited