thirteen | bunkers and guns

A groan escapes Astrids lips as she flutters her ocean eyes open

A groan escapes Astrids lips as she flutters her ocean eyes open. Every limb hurts like hell. She feels like dying.

"Why does this shit keep happening to me?" Astrid mumbles tiredly.

She looks at her surroundings, realizing she's in Bellamy's tent. Astrid rolls her eyes, still mad with him.

She tries sitting up but before she could, the tent flap opens and Bellamy comes in. Almost immediately, a smile graces his features when he sees that Astrid is awake. The smile falls when he sees that she doesn't return it.

"Sweetheart" he sighs in relief as he sits opposite her "thank god you're awake" he says as he hands her a canister filled with water and a packer filled with nuts and berries.

Astrid downs the water in one huge gulp then raises an eyebrow in confusion while eating some of the food Bellamy brought "What happened?"

Bellamy clears his throat slightly as he adjusts his position, his knees touching Astrids "Well you passed out. You started seizing and then you stopped breathing" Bellamy inhales sharply "I, um gave you CPR. Then we got the antidote, gave it to you and now here we are?"

Astrid raises an eyebrow amused "You gave me CPR?"

Bellamy glares playfully "Is it that hard to believe that I know how to give CPR?

Astrid shrugs playfully as a teasing smile makes its way on her face "Kinda"

Bellamy suddenly turns serious "I was really worried Astrid. Don't," he pauses "don't just get cut on knives. Or don't do anything at all. You've been through enough"

Astrids eyebrows raise in suprise. She never heard Bellamy be so sincere about the fact that he cared for someone. He just made sure his sister was fine. This was new to Astrid. She let a small smile adorn her features "No promises" at the sharp glare he sends her, she tries explaining "Well if it meant that Octavia, Raven, Jasper and my friends were safe, i would put myself in danger. If it meant you were safe, i would put myself in danger"

Bellamy looks at her with such adoration Astrid might die. Nobody ever looked at her that way.

"I'm sorry" Bellamy suddenly apologizes. At her confusion, he continues "I'm sorry for being a jerk, for putting you and Octavia through that pain. I'm sorry for not listening to you and for torturing the grounder" he sighs heavily and glances at his lap.

Astrid exhales "What you did with the radio was selfish and stupid. And a part of me, a tiny part will always be mad at you because of that. You can't take those lives back and now their blood is on your hands" she pauses "And what you did with the grounder was what you thought was right. That does not mean i agree with what you did. I just know that you felt pressured to do what was right by Finn and you thought that meant torturing someone." Astrid sighed.

Bellamy lifted his glassy eyes from his lap to Astrids blue ones and he swore that his world stopped. There is so much understanding in them and it makes his heart beat inexplicably fast. He suddenly is aware of how close they are and he wants to be closer. He wants to hold Astrid close, to kiss her. He wants her.