fourteen | shumway

Astrid grinned as she looked at the guns in Bellamy's hands

Astrid grinned as she looked at the guns in Bellamy's hands. They could finnaly fight against the grounders with supplies only they had.

"This changes everything" Bellamy sighed blissfully as he looked up at her "No more running from spears. Ready to be a badass, sweetheart?"

Astrid scoffed playfully "I'm a badass without the guns, Blake" she smiled as he stood up and towered over her.

Bellamy chuckled quietly and shook his head "That you are"

Astrid raised an eyebrow and sent Bellamy a pointed look "You know Clarke is going to be totally against guns, right? Like i can sense her disapproval from here"

Bellamy raised his own eyebrow in return "Since when do you care what Clarke says? You're a leader too" he smiled gently as he went to draw and 'x' at the back of the room "Now, you need to learn how to use this"

"I kinda know how to use a gun." Astrid informed as she went and picked up a gun of her own, liking the feeling of the weight in her hands.

Bellamy shook his head and positioned his own gun on his shoulder, took a stance and pulled the trigger. And nothing happened.

"You are really good at this" Astrid's voice dripped with sarcasm as a small smirk made its way on her face.

Besides the fact that his lips turned upwards, he ignored the comment and took a couple steps back. "Come here" Bellamy gestured to the spot in front of him. Astrid huffed quietly and stood in front of Bellamy positioning the gun on her shoulder. "A little higher" he said and positioned the gun higher on her shoulder. He then put a hand on her shoulder and one on her hip and turned Astrids body flush against his.

Astrid could feel heat rise to her cheeks as shivers ran down her spine. "Like this?" she asked, voice barely above a whisper as she turned her head towards Bellamy without realizing they were that close. Their noses were touching and they were stuck staring at eachother until Bellamy cleared his throat.

"Yeah, like that" he nodded his head and took a couple of steps back.

Astrid turned back towards the target, took an deep breath and shot the gun. It barely missed the middle of the 'x'

"Fuck yeah!" Astrid cheered. She turned to see Bellamy with a small sad smile on his face. Astrid was confused but didn't question it. "Anyway, we should pack up and go"

Bellamy nodded slightly and went to his own pack as Astrids eyes followed his movements. "You left Miller with the grounder. You must trust him a lot" Astrid said after a couple seconds of silence.

Bellamy turned to look at her and crossed his arms "You should keep him close. The others trust him"

Astrid furrowed her eyebrows in confusion "I should keep him close? Bellamy what are you talking about?" Astrid asked until realization hit her like a freaking brick "Wait. You were going to run. That's why you took so many rations, that's why you were so eager to leave." Astrid said, anger lacing her tone.