ten | regrets

Astrid was starting to regret every decision she has made in her life

Astrid was starting to regret every decision she has made in her life. The biggest regret being that she was stupid enough to break Marcus Kane's nose. She was starting to miss the Ark, the comfort of her bed, her real bed. All Earth has given her was pain and this particular day was no different.

A startled gasp was the first thing that came out of Astrid's mouth. She was in a cave, a pretty huge cave. There was a wall full of weapons that scared the shit out of her, a couple of candles that allowed shadows to form on the mossy walls.

Then all the pain came back at once. The injury she received the first day on Earth hurt like hell. The scratches and bruises from falling down the hill were as annoying as they could be. And her torso, where a huge piece of wood was stuck hurt like a fucking bitch.

Astrid groggily opened her eyes wider, remembering that Octavia was with her too. She would rather get hurt then let anything happen to her. She craned her neck to the right, even if it hurt, and caught sight of Octavia shouting inaudible things at the grounder who was advancing towards her with a heated knife.

Astrid tried sitting up, her arms shaking with every move but in the end a small scream escaped her when she moved her torso the wrong way. She looked down at it, almost puking when she saw the mood being coated by blood.

''Astrid!'' Octavia shouted then looked towards the grounder with pleading eyes ''Please help her! She'll die!''

The grounder stared at Octavia for a few seconds then started walking towards the struggling Astrid.

Astrid started backing away from the grounder as much as she could despite Octavia's protests. The heated knife reminded her of the pain she felt on the first day on Earth and she didn't want to relive it.

The grounder ignored her protest and crouched down next to her. He ripped a part of her shirt so he could see her wound better. It even made him want to cringe in disgust. It was a deep wound, and it was definitely going to be painful. He looked Astrid in the eye, trying to assure her that everything will be okay, and in a way Astrid calmed down.

That was until he pulled the wood out of her torso without a warning. And ear piercing scream escaped Astrid's mouth, causing Octavia to cover her ears. The pain was unbearable and Astrid just wished she could pass out at this point. But of course, it wasn't over. Not even a minute later the grounder pressed a heated knife to the wound, making Astrid scream her heart out as tears were running down her cheeks. She wouldn't be surprised if the screams could be heard in camp.

Astrid took gulps of air when the pain stopped. Her throat was dry and hoarse from all the screaming and she was so tired. As if the grounder could hear her thoughts, he brought her a cup full of what Astrid could guess was water. She hesitated a couple seconds but eventually she took the cup and downed it in one huge gulp.

Before she could even look at her other wounds, the grounder was wrapping them in some kind of material, making Astrid curious.

Why was he helping them? He should have killed them but he didn't. He helped her without even knowing her.