@ShivikaIsLove

Thank you so much ShivikaIsLove for giving your interview to us. ❤
__________________________

1) What inspired you to start writing?

• Microsoft word inspired me to write. Confused? There is a story behind it.
As a five-year-old, I was fascinated by this software. I like to push random keys on the keyboard. And Microsoft word would print those words on the
screen. Like this, one day I happened to start keying words, then sentences
and childish stories. They were really immature, but something that came from my heart. When I was in fourth grade, I stopped writing because by then my parents enrolled me in various courses like Swimming, karate, singing, and painting. With all these activities and school, I had no time for writing stories.I stopped Then, in 2017, I came across Ishqbaaaz and Shivika. I enjoyed watching the show,Unfortunately, after redux, the track was worse and I turned to fanfictions to get my Shivika. In July 2018, I finally made an Wattpad account and returned to my childhood hobby.

2)When you started writing and how old were you?

• I started writing when I was five, or maybe six. I don't remember clearly.
But there was a long gap in between because of the aforementioned reasons. I resumed writing when I was sixteen.

3) Would you like to share your experience when you first started writing?

• When I first started writing. I was the happiest. No one would read or know what I wrote. It was like having my personal abode in the world.

4) From where do you get your ideas from?

• I get ideas very abruptly. There is no certain way.

For example: Once I was re-watching the first episode of Ishqbaaaz. Now
if you have ever watched the show, you may know that Shivaay hated people with no naam, khoon and khandan. Annika was an orphan. The way Shivaay changed himself for Annika was well appreciated by the fandom. So after rewatching the iconic windshield breaking scene of Shivika, an idea popped into my brain. I wondered if Annika was a rich girl and Shivaay married her, will she be able to change his way of thinking? And will Shivaay be able to love his wife? Thus, Mending His Thoughts came into being.

5)What do you like to do when you aren't writing?

• When I am not writing, I like to read, cook, listen to music, or talk to my mom. And studies, of course.

6) What does your family think about your writing.?

• My family does not know that I write and I wish to keep it that way.

7)Which character of your book resemble you?

• Annika from Mr. Rude, Ms. Hacker and The Writer resembles me a lot. We both love accounting and writing. Annika is a graduate of Forensics accounting, which I wish to be in the future. She is also a grey hacker. And I wish to learn white hacking. White
hacking is actually good, so don't take me wrong. Besides that, we are both
selfish, unpredictable, and straightforward.

8)Which one is your favourite Male and female character of your book? Why ?

• My favorite male character is Shivaay from Mr. Rude, Ms. Hacker, and the Writer. He is an imperfect and insecure person. He has seen a harsh childhood. He defines that children born from rich parents aren't always the luckiest or lack problems in life. I love him because I feel that he is real. My favorite female character is Annika from Mending His Thoughts. I like her for the smart, sensible, and financially independent lady she is. I love her because of her sensitive nature and emotional dependence on her husband. She is real. She cries easily, but she knows when something wrong is happening and what to do to make it right. To me, she defines a perfect woman. Or at least that's what I tried to depict in MHT.

9) Who is your favourite celebrity?

• My favorite celebrity is Amitabh Bacchan. I know that's not something you will hear from a teenager these days. But I genuinely love him for the legendary actor he is. His reach in this world is far from what any other actor will have.

Besides him, I love Alia Bhatt. She is one of the youngest yet best actress in
Bollywood.

10)Challenges you face while writing?

• The biggest challenge in writing is to develop an outline of the story. I wish to make the plots as sensible as possible. I also want the characters to develop in a fine manner. And the story must be enjoyable to me. There are thousands of plots in my head. But I like to publish a story only when I know where to go with it. And finding the answer of "Where to go with the story?" is often times a struggle and requires a lot of brainstorming.

11) Writing is your hobby or you want to persuade as career?

• I would love to make a career out of writing. But for that, I have to improve a lot. So, for now, I plan to study accounting.

12) Who is your favourite author and your favourite book?

• My all-time favorite book is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. And my
favorite author is Jane Austen. Besides hers, I also enjoy reading books from
Charles Dickens and Harper E. Lee.

13) Do you use any other website to update your story?

• I use Dreame. I mostly read there. Only one of my books, Falling In Love,
is published there with different names for the characters.

14) How much your readers meant to you?

• Readers are like experimental subjects to me.I like to experiment
with my writing style. And based on their reads/votes/ comments, I get to know what is liked and what is disliked in a story. So they are quite important in my wattpad life as a writer.

15) How much readers pressurise you to give update?

• Not a lot. I update all my ongoing more frequently than many authors in wattpad, so I would dislike if I get update soon requests. Recently, I was away from wattpad for a month due
to medical issues. When I came back, I saw a lot of get well soon messages
yet not a single update soon messages. This is something, I am thankful to
my readers for.

16) How you feel when some reader comments offensive and report your work? Want to say something to them?

• I report block the person if he/she makes an offensive comment. Then,
I handover any evidence such as screenshots of comments/dms to Wattpad support. They take care of
the rest. And I have no idea if someone reported my work because all my books strictly maintain wattpad guidelines and they are safe. In case, someday my book gets deleted, I will first laugh at how someone tried to take it down, and then I will repost the book in wattpad. I have three backups of all my updates (two in Google Drive and one in wattpad), so that is not something I worry about a lot.

17) want to say something to aspiring writers?

• To aspiring writer, I would just want to request them to write for themselves. I have seen Wattpad authors who treat their readers like demigods. There are writers who ask
their readers about what to write. I kind of dislike it. We all have heads. A reader can imagine stuff if things don't go according to them. So write what your heart wants you to write, not what will gain you votes and comments from readers. Don't let a reader try to control what you imagine and write. After two or three years they will be gone. They won't stay with you forever. After that, at least you will have the satisfaction that your writing is purely what you imagined from the heart.

18) if you want you can ask 2 question from your readers?

• I have no questions for readers as of now. I also don't think that a lot of
them will be reading this interview.

____________________________________

Interview taken and published by iam_arpita111.

______________________