author sayali

thank you author_sayali for giving us your interview

Username: author_sayali

1)What inspired you to start writing?

 I have been a voracious reader most of my life. I guess you come at a point in life when you really want to read a specific type of story, but no one is writing it. That's when you start writing it yourself. Also, writing is cathartic. In mosst stressful moments of my life, I find writing very calming. 

 2)When you started writing and how old were you?

 I have been writing short stories and poems since childhood. The first short story I wrote was a murder mystery which included my school friends. I have been writing full length novels after I had a baby, so after turning thirty.

 3) Would you like to share your experience when you first started writing?

 I think if you really want to tell a story, the words just flow out of you. The important thing is to take time out for your story. I was able to write when working full time and having a baby, if you really want to do something, you make time for it. And I am a pantser, I don't have really rigid ideas about my novel, I let the characters and situations develop. So go with the flow, your characters should seem real enough to you, and they will take care of everything else.

 4) From where do you get your ideas from?

 Mostly when I am sleeping, I get up with a nice story idea. Other times, in the shower, when driving, when working on a deadline or doing something mundane. Inspiration can strike you anywhere.But I find the trick is to be busy, if I am sitting at home and doing nothing, I am never inspired.

 5)What do you like to do when you aren't writing?

 I like to read a lot, also do take time out for exercise, spend time with my family and of course, sleep.

 6) What does your family think about your writing.?

 My family, especially my husband, are very supportive. They haven't read my books though and I doubt if they ever will :)

 7)Which character of your book resemble you?

 I think I am studious and detail-oriented like Mia. Definitely more logical than creative. 

 8)Which one is your favourite Male and female character of your book? Why ?

 I like them all, they are like my own children. But probably Damian and Mia, the hero and heroine of my first book. I have been around them so long that they feel real to me. Writers are weird that way. :)

 9) Who is your favourite celebrity?

 Hmm, tough question. I like everyone, it's so tough being a celebrity. Currently I have utmost awe and admiration for Priyanka Chopra.

 10)Challenges you face while writing?

 I think taking time out for writing is the biggest challenge.

11) Writing is your hobby or you want to persuade as career?

 It's my hobby but I am looking at it as a second career. I see myself gradually retiring and taking up writing full-time. 

 12) Who is your favourite author and your favourite book?

 This one is easy.Jane Austen is the author and Pride and Predjudice is my favorite book.

 13) Do you use any other website to update your story?

 No, only Wattpad. 

 14) How much your readers meant to you?

 They are my best friends and worse crtics. They have really helped me hone my craft over the years, spot mistakes I have overlooked and encouraged me to keep at it. So a BIG thanks to my readers! 

 15) How much readers pressurise you to give update?

 When I published my first book, I was so overwhelmed, readers would type "Update" five minutes after a chapter was up. I have learned to not stress out now, lol.

 16) How you feel when some reader comments offensive and report your work? Want to say something to them?

 Though I have mostly met really respectful readers on Wattpad, I find some readers down-right nasty. They are the ones who make comments on the writer, one reader called me, "Not dumb." That maybe perceived as a compliment to some, but it's not ok. If a writer has already said that there work is unedited, please be respectful in pointing out the mistakes. There's no need to question the writers basic Grammar. Not cool guys, we are humans, not machines.

 17) want to say something to aspiring writers?

 Read as much as you can. And really take the time to write stories with proper Grammar, no one will read your story if the Grammar is poor. And this maybe geared to the younger writers, don't use cuss words in your story unless the story or characters really call for it.

 18) if you want you can ask 2 question from your readers?

 Qs 1 : Would you pay for a book if you really like it?

 Qs 2 : How cool is Wattpad?

by aditiswaroop