•C h a p t e r T w e l v e•

Dedicated to bluest-bird

Song for chapter twelve: Pocket Full of Dreams by Hedley

|Skyler|

I walked out of the school at the end of the day, scanning the parking lot for Aden. I had no clue what his car looked like so I hoped he was already out. The wind blew wildly, tousling my hair, and I wrapped my arms around my sweater.

"You're so lucky, I can't even imagine being invited to Aden's house," Josie said beside me as we made our way down the cement steps in front of the school.

"It's for homework, I doubt it'll be any fun," I told her, rolling my eyes at Mr. Carter's stupidity.

"Oh yeah... totally. No fun at all," she drawled, wriggling her eyebrows. "See you tomorrow! You better tell me all about it," she called out to me as she ambled away to her own car.

I shook my head with a smile and scanned the lot. Thankfully, I spotted him near the front of the parking lot, close to the school. As I approached them, I realized that Aden wasn't alone.

He was standing with his friend, who's name I was pretty sure was Ryan, and... with another girl. She was laughing hard enough that it echoed throughout the parking lot, a hand touching Aden's shoulder as she spoke and giggled. His back was turned to me so I had no clue if he enjoyed the attention or not. Ryan sported a rather bored expression on his face.

I stopped walking immediately at that sight, not wanting to interrupt, and my stomach dropped at her hand that was on his shoulder. A large part of me wanted to saunter right up to them and shove it in the girls face, but the more rational side of me told me to just mind my own business.

I had no right to even feel this way since Aden and I weren't anything. I didn't even know why I felt that way.

Ryan made eye contact with me and his eyes lit up and he gave Aden a hard nudge. Aden turned around as a smile broke out onto his face.

"Hey Skyler, you ready?" Aden asked, turning his back to the girl next to him. I felt a small sense of pride at that. The blonde girl behind him spun her head in my direction, eyes slightly narrowed with an eyebrow raised. She gave Aden one last look and rolled her eyes, stalking away from him.

I nodded in response to Aden.

"Oh, right this is Ryan," Aden motioned towards the guy standing next to him.

"So this is Skyler huh," Ryan stepped forward, shoving Aden out of the way with a palm to his face. Aden grunted, taking a few steps back to balance himself. "I've heard so much about you." Ryan smirked.

"Oh you have?" I giggled.

"Oh my god, so much. He's obsessed with you, like Mariah Carey obsessed," Ryan leaned in and whispered into my ear.