27 ⚠️

It had been weeks now. Angelina still wasn't found despite the hours of searching, while Seungmin was still detained. I was exhausted, overworked and barely had any energy left. "Y/N, I brought you breakfast!" Felix exclaimed, already opening the door. I lightly raised my head, a bright light coming through the doorway. His smile disappeared a bit as soon as he saw me, but he quickly picked it up again.

"Come on, you need to eat. You can't find her on an empty stomach." I let out a sigh, sitting up straight. "Is Hyunjin picking you up again? You've already spent so much time together trying to find her after all" he asked worried. "He said he wasn't feeling too well so his parents made him stay home for the day. I guess I'll just go on foot today, although I'm not sure if it'd help anything. I feel like Hyunjin and I already searched through the entire country at this point."

Felix smiled sympathetically. "Why don't you take a small break? You've been at it for days now, you really need to rest as well you know? I don't want you getting sick because you're overworking yourself, I'm sure Angelina wouldn't want that either." That was if she was still alive. Felix kissed my forehead, something he had been doing quite a lot lately. "Don't worry, we'll find her. We'll get through this together okay?" I nodded, smiling once again. "Thanks Lix, really. If I didn't have you I wouldn't have survived these past few days."

Every day, every night he'd come in to check on me, make sure I had eaten and washed my face. Whether he'd come in with movies or just for a good talk, whether we'd go outside to search for Angelina late at night or just go for some fresh air, he was there. I guess he really knew how to calm me down and cheer me up.

"Aren't you cold?" Felix asked worried on a cold night, riding on his motorcycle with the tired girl on it's back, her freezing hands wrapped around his torso, trying their hardest to look for any clues about her missing friend. She shook her head, still in denial. "I'm okay, so let's just keep on searching." Felix knew better though. Her hands were shaking. He placed his hand on top of hers, softly stroking them. "Let's go home for now, we'll search tomorrow again, okay princess?" Y/N nodded, laying her head on his back. Just hang in there a little longer Y/N... It would all be over soon.

Minho, however, had been gone a lot. He finally decided to train to take over the company, so was only home to sleep. I'd sometimes see him walk out early in the morning, all suited up for work. After that day we hadn't talked, our pride getting in the way. It would be a lie to say I didn't think about him at all, but I couldn't keep this up anymore. I couldn't keep on living a fake life with him if he wouldn't listen to me or believe me. I couldn't keep on hurting myself by loving him.

"Y/N, about- oh" Minho barged in, rolling his eyes as he saw Felix about to feed me since I still didn't feel hungry. His eyes fell on me again, simply staring what seemed emotionlessly. "Felix, I got another call from the police, something about Seungmin, they wanted you to go back." Felix's gaze fell upon me a little longer. "Don't worry, you should go. I'll stay home for the day" I quickly said. Felix nodded, walking past Minho, bumping his shoulder before going out.

"Y/N" Minho started, but I already turned away again. The only way to completely forget about him was to stay away from him for now. Minho let out a sigh, closing the door behind him. "Listen, I know we're not really on speaking terms, but I heard there was some more evidence about your friend. Apparently someone made a picture of her the day she disappeared, I thought you might wanted to know."

I instantly turned back, eyes widening. "How do you know? Where is it?" Minho shrugged his shoulders. "It was an old lady. She told me she was taking a picture of the scenery, but apparently Angelina and someone else are on it as well. She said she'd fax it here since she wasn't all that well with technology. It's downstairs in the basement." Without another word I ran past him downstairs, already trying to find the key for the basement. "Come on, where is it?" I exclaimed, searching everywhere.

Minho came downstairs as well, tossing me a key. "Take this" he briefly said before walking out again. I hastily opened the door, a foul odor coming from it together with dust and darkness. "Why do basements always seem so scary" I mumbled, closing the door behind me. I grazed my fingertips over the cold stone wall, trying to find the light switch.

The lights slowly flickered on, revealing the messy yet massive space. This really is larger than expected... How did no one ever show you this? I shook my head, going down the stairs. The fax, that was what was important now. I searched through all of the stuff, almost tearing things apart while desperately trying to find it.

"Wait, isn't that..." I trailed off, seeing a familiar cap. I picked it up, looking on the inside. "Chan's cap? But I thought this was never found" I said confused. I was about to put it back when I caught a glimpse of the fax. Finally! I instantly cleared the desk, plugging it in. Inch by inch, the picture started printing, while at the same time the basement door opened with a loud shrieking sound.