32 ⚠️

"Wait, Minho. You're not making any sense" I interrupted him as we both sat down on the stairs. Minho sighed, still holding me close to him, one arm wrapped around my shoulder. "Okay, up to where do you understand?" he asked slowly. "I know now that you always knew Felix was a bad guy, and I think I see why you didn't want me to be around him, but if you knew, why didn't you tell me? Or why are you even so affectionate again? I thought you hated me..." I trailed off.

He shook his head. "In all honesty? I wish I did, all of this would have been a lot easier than, but I could never." He paused for a second, staring at me. "At first I really tried to distance myself from you, you know. I tried to be mean, I tried to make you dislike me, all so you wouldn't get too close to me until Felix was dealt with, but he already quickly picked up on my feelings for you, so at one point there was just no turning back anymore. I thought that at least for a bit I'd keep you close to me before I had to let you go to catch him."

I blinked a couple of times, gazing at his small smile. "But then, what about after? Especially when I started to trust Felix and all..." Minho looked up. "That was the trickiest part. I had to pretend to dislike you to make Felix believe his plan was working. I knew you'd slowly unravel the truth and I knew he'd become more desperate and sloppy with hiding everything. I thought that, if I could just gather more evidence while he was focused on you, I'd be able to save you in time, yet here we are."

Minho finally looked at me, instantly growing worried as he saw tears streaming down my face. "Hey hey, baby, it's okay. I promise I'll get us out of here. Trust me okay? I have it all worked out." He wanted to hug me, but I shook my head. "That's not it" I sniffled in-between my sobs. "I thought you hated me... Why didn't you tell me about your plan?" Minho smiled sympathetically, finally taking me in his arms again. "It would have only brought you in more danger. I'm sorry Y/N, I really am."

I cried out in his arms. All this time he was just caring for me, trying to keep me safe without me even knowing. "I love you so much Minho." I cried out, holding onto him even tighter. He chuckled, gently stroking my hair. "You wanna know a small story to cheer you up a bit?" I slightly backed away, meeting his eyes. "Did Felix tell you about my first and second love?" I nodded. "Only a little" I answered with a small voice. "Something about your neighbor and a childhood crush." Minho nodded. "Let me tell you a bit more about my childhood crush."

"Leave me alone!" a little girl shouted. Minho, who was still quite young himself, had just been wondering through the forest alone, finally escaping his strict parents when he heard the commotion. He started searching for the source of the voice, seeing a small girl in the hands of a guy his age. "I said I didn't want to play with you!" the girl repeated, but the guy didn't bulge, seeming to enjoy the situation.

Minho got caught staring as the girls eyes met his gaze. It was as if his whole world was shaken up, his heartbeat becoming louder and louder. Was it the adrenaline? Was he scared of the situation? "Help me, please!" the girl shouted, taking him out of his daze. The other guy finally turned around, noticing minho as well. "What are you doing, staring and all? You freak" the guy yelled at him.

Within an instant Minho knocked the guy out, taking the girls hand as the two ran away with each other. After minutes of running and making sure the guy didn't follow them, they finally stopped. "You...you saved me" the little girl said breathlessly. Minho's face glowed up. He felt like a superhero, saving the lady. "You really are my prince" she said excited, kissing his cheek. "When we're grown up, let's get married" she said once again before running off home.

"I never saw her again after that, until you suddenly decided to show up in my back yard" Minho chuckled, confusing me for a second, until realization hit me. "No way..." I stammered. So the prince from my childhood was Minho? Minho chuckled. "We'll work the wedding out later, but for now let's just focus on getting out of here okay? I have a copy of the picture of Felix and Angelina, together with my dad's key. If we're quick we can make it out of here. He should definitely be gone by now."

We both quickly stood up, Minho unlocking the door. "SIKE, you thought" Felix laughed, seeming somewhat proud. "Really, why do people always spill everything? It's so dumb." Minho instantly pulled me behind him, earning an eye roll from Felix. "Come on Minho. We both know this won't end well for you and I'm ending up with Y/N in the end." Minho didn't bulge, making Felix sigh. "Oh whatever, I'll let you have her a little longer while you're still here."

Felix turned to me again. "So, Y/N, wanna go visit your bestie now? I think you can already guess where she is." My eyes widened in fear. "Don't worry, she's still alive... For now. But enough with the chit-chat, let's finish this once and for all now, shall we?"