-8-

The cafe smelled like fresh chocolate chip cookies and black coffee. It was the cliche cafe scent, but enjoyable. "Have you been here before?" I asked Harry. He shook his head. "What do you suggest?"

"Well, it depends. I usually get their smoothie breakfast bowl and iced water or coffee. If you have a sweet tooth, the chocolate chip cookies are really good." I suggested and looked at him. He was watching me talk the whole time. "What's in the smoothie bowl?"

"Cherries, blueberries, granola, it really depends on what you want in it," I said. "That sounds pretty good." He smiled while twisting his rings around. The lady walked out to serve us. We ordered and sat down in a booth across from each other while we waited. "I like your rings. Do they symbolize anything?" I asked. He nodded.

"The H and S are, of course, my initials." He began. He held out his hand and pointed at some of them. They were all worth more than I am. Most of his fingers were covered except for his wedding finger. My favorite was the dancing circle of bears. He chuckled when I told him that. A woman brought us our food and check, then left again.

He had gotten a smoothie bowl with strawberries, cherries, blueberries, and granola since I recommended it and was excited to try. He first took a sip of his coffee and licked his top lip happily. His eyes widened. "Hey, that's pretty good!" He exclaimed. "Yeah?"

"Yeah!"

-

We ate and had an "argument" over who would pay. I did it eventually and we walked outside. "Thank you for introducing me to this place. It's quite peaceful here." He looked back at the doors, his eyes squinted a bit from the sun. "It's a good place to think of when you need a getaway," I said and sigh, realizing we were going to part ways again. He took out his ring from his pocket and looked it over a few times before gently taking one of my own hands into his free one. He placed the ring in my palm gently and closed my hand into a ball. "It's yours. Take care of it, alright?" He asked. "Harry, are you sure? This must have cost so much, I-"

"I'm sure. Just take care of it. Promise?"

"I promise." I looked up at him with a smile. He patted my hand and let go. "Good. Stay in touch alright? It was nice eating with you."

"Alright. Thank you. Talk to you later?" I checked. He smiled. "I'll talk to you later. Bye, Journey." He walked to his car. "Bye, Harry."

-

I kept care of that ring like my life depended on it. It was too big for my finger, so it had to go on my thumb, but it stayed on. That's what mattered. It sucked to have to take it off before photoshoots. It went in my pocket and wouldn't leave it until I was back in my car.

Harry and I have spoken lightly. We always check in every day though. I like it. Sabrina's coming over tonight, so I prepared some food. The kitchen was full of foods ranging from salads to slushies. The door opened and Sabrina walked in. "Girl you better have a good excuse why you haven't texted me today." She told me, sitting at the bar. "You might want to prepare for this. Please please please don't be mad I haven't told you." I begged. She nodded slowly and I began telling her about how Harry and I have been speaking.

"You've been talking to Harry Styles?!" She gasped. I twisted the ring behind my back. "Maybe," I mumbled. "No way! Hand me a cone." She scoffed in disbelief. I handed her the shaved ice and sat on the counter. "What's on your hand?" She asked. "A ring. Why?"

"Whose ring is it?"

I was quiet. "You're joking."

I shook my head. "Journey Louise Adikens, explain."

I sighed. "Come on, let's go upstairs."