-37-

I hugged him tightly. It felt like...It felt like putting the last piece of a puzzle in place. He hugged me tightly. "How was tour? How have you been?" I asked. I remembered how he and Kendall reconnected and got engaged. I tried not to feel anything negative about it considering I cut the ties between Harry and I in the first place. "I've been good, yeah. Yeah, I'm a bit tired from traveling all over, but I'm good. How are you? I haven't heard from you in a while."

"I'm good. I've been busy, most of my time shifts between this place or helping out my parents or friends. I wanted to thank you by the way. I contacted my dad and we're on good terms. I owe it to you. So how's Kendall? When's the wedding?" I went to my desk and sat down. Harry looked at the display of rings. "The wedding is in a few weeks...on your birthday. That's one of the reasons I'm here, actually. I wanted to see if you'd like to attend the wedding and help me with a wedding ring... but if it's too awkward, it's fine! I get it. I uhm-"

"I'd be happy to help and attend," I told him. He smiled at me and walked back. "Let's get to designing then?" I asked. "Before we do that, I wanna get to know you again." He told me. "Nothing has really changed except for my schedule. You shaved!" I gasped, just now noticing his clean chin. "You just noticed?!" He laughed. "Okay, so I've gotten slower." I rolled my eyes. "Very."

I laughed and took out a notebook with sketches of wedding rings. "You did all of these?" Harry asked. "My assistant did some of them in meetings," I said. "May I...?" He trailed off. I nodded and handed him the book. He began flipping through them.

"These are really good!" He exclaimed. "Thank you." I smiled. He continued looking through them and I walked around my office. I looked down at my hand. "Uhm... Harry?" I looked at him. "Yeah?" He looked back at me.

Harry's POV

My heart was racing. She's grown to be so independent and successful on her own and I'm marrying someone I'm not in love with. It feels like I pulled the short straw from the bunch and facing the consequences. I was surprised when she agreed to come. Kendall made me ask her, probably to spark jealousy or cause drama. It made me uncomfortable.

Part of me wanted Journey to say no so I could talk to her. I felt a flicker of hope go through me when she called me from the other side of the office. "Yeah?" I looked at her. I almost said 'honey.' I never called Kendall that. She liked weird pet names. Once again, it made me uncomfortable.

"Uhm..." She looked at her hand and I saw the silver ring around her pointer finger. "It fits now!" I smiled. I saw relief spread across her face. Did she think I would get mad for her still wearing it after all of this time? Never. I hoped she did.

"Yeah! Yeah, it finally fits." She nodded. "Have you found one?" Journey asked. "No," I lied. Maybe I could have more time with her. "Okay..." She walked towards the desk and sat in front of me. "What are you going for?"

"Erm, Kendall wanted something big and noticeable. Something people would be jealous of. Probably a huge diamond." I said. Journey wrote everything down. Her curls were falling out of her bun and wild. Her hair was longer, making me think of the day she cut her hair...

"You had a heart attack?"