-40-

Harry kissed me back and I pulled away, despite the warmness I felt when his arms wrapped around my waist. "I love you too," I told him. The biggest smile spread across his face. I hugged him and he kissed me again. "Let's go before they think we're making out or something." I joked partially. Harry nodded and opened the door for me. "Wait, you have lipstick on your lips," I said. He wiped it off with his thumb. "Better?"

"Better."

We walked out and sat down side by side, surprising the guys into shuffling completely around. "I have to go soon, Gigi might kick my ass if I'm out late again," Zayn said. "You guys are really going to leave then?" Niall sighed. "Ugh, it's like 2015 all over again." He mumbled. "Niall!" The boys yelled in unison. He put his hands up. Louis and Zayn left and Niall followed seeing as he didn't want to "be a third wheel."

"They really left for me to pay for their drinks, huh?" Harry scoffed. We broke out laughing. "I've missed you, you know that? When I unblocked you and saw you hadn't posted since the hospital, I thought you did something or made new accounts. You disappeared." He frowned. "Everyone knows me as the girl who broke your heart, H. I couldn't just jump back online. I had school to catch up on and graduation was coming up. I had things to do. But you know, I have someone who helped me through a lot of that." I smiled. "Who?"

"Annie. We met in the cafe. She adores you." I told him. He smiled. "That short girl that took me to your office? Was that Annie?" Harry asked. "Black hair? Brown eyes? That was Annie. She's two years older than me and a badass. She and her husband work in the industry to provide for their son. It's kinda cool to be surrounded by your friends in the workplace." I told him. "Can I meet them?" He asked suddenly. "Yeah, I'm sure they're available." I nodded. "Now?"

I nodded again. "Wanna meet them now?" I checked in. "Yeah, of course. Maybe they can give me some marriage tips." He joked. "Mhm, sure. Maybe some kissing tips too." I smirked. He raised his eyebrows. "I'm a fantastic kisser, actually."

"In what world?"

He frowned. "I'm kidding, honey. 'M sorry." I apologized. My eyes widened. "Sorry! I forgot--" I said. "Don't apologize, it's fine. I like it." He told me. "I know, it's just...Okay, I texted Annie." I informed him.
-
They wanted to meet at a fancier place. Harry and I decided to meet and my place and drive together. I changed into a better dress and fancy heels to match. I put my hair in a low bun and had a few stands out to frame my face. I took off my makeup and redid it to be natural. Harry knocked at my door and I walked down the marble staircase and towards the door.

"You look amazing, love." Harry smiled. "Thank you, Harry. You look very handsome as well. I have the address. Your car or mine?" I asked. "Mine."

We walked towards his Range Rover and he opened the door for me. I got in and he got in, then we were off. He put on some music and sang along to Everywhere by Fleetwood Mac.

"Can you hear me, calling out your name, you know that I'm falling and I don't know what to say." He sang. "I'll speak a little louder, I'll even shout." I sang with him. "Heyyy! You know it!" He smiled and turned it up. His windows were down and he patted the side of his car along with the drums. I couldn't stop smiling. "You know that I'm proud and I can't get the words out," He sang. "Oh, I...."

We sang together until we reached the restaurant, which reminded me of the place in Ratatouille. We walked in and looked around. "Harry and Journey, I assume? Follow me." The waitress said. We walked over to a table with five seats--technically four and one booster seat. Zabdiel de Jesús, a man with blonde hair and dark brown eyes who wore a tuxedo often, sat at one chair next to Annie.

"Journey!" She stood up and smiled, then landed eyes on Harry. "This is--He's--You--This is everything okay wow." Annie gasped. "Annie, I'm right here, mi amor." Zabdiel joked. "I know, I know! But just--Look at them!" She smiled. "This must be the infamous Angel." I kneeled down beside the two-year-old.

He had curly black hair and was tan, about the same skin tone as his father. His eyes were large and a light brown color. He looked at me suspiciously. "Mami!" He called, patting his tray. Annie walked over. "Yes, mi vida?"

I had no clue what that meant, but I used context clues and figured it was something important. "I thought I was your vida!" Zabdiel scoffed jokingly. Harry laughed and I stood up. "How do you do it?" Harry asked him. "Hm?"

"Harry, it's okay to go sit down. They aren't going to bite you." I whispered. He chuckled and nodded. We walked over and I sat in front of Annie, who now had Angel on her lap, and Harry sat in front of Zabdiel. "How do you do it? You know, balance everything? If you don't mind me asking, I don't want to overstep or anything." Harry asked. "No no, it's okay. It takes a lot of patience, love, and conversation. You need to get to know who you're working with and have a good relationship before being able to know each other's schedules and balancing things out." Zabdiel told him.

"Zabdiel can be a pain in the...butt, but since we've had genuine and long conversations, I know when he's about to get that way. You can ask Journey, Harry, I'm not a patient woman. It's only with Zabdiel that I can truly find a way to cooperate." Annie said, playing with Angel's fingers. Harry glanced at me and suddenly cupped his hands over my ears. I laughed quietly. "Harry, your hands are cold."

Harry's POV

"And you knew she was the one because of your conversations, right?" I asked. "It's not just that. It's the feeling you get when you're around that person. It's a feeling you don't want to get rid of and something just feels wrong when they're gone. You and Journey remind me a lot of Annie and I when we began dating. Listen, I've seen pictures of you and Kendall. I didn't see a spark in your eyes like I see now when you're with Journey. You need to listen to your heart and your heart wants the woman beside you."

I looked at Journey. "But I have to break it off with Kendall. That means I'd have to face her family and what they'll say online..." I trailed off. "You can't hold off love because one day someone will come along and why would Journey stick around for a married man with, possibly, kids?"

He's right. I thanked him and removed my hands. "Thank you for warming my ears," Journey remarked sarcastically. "Of course, love." I chuckled. Angel began crying and Annie sighed. "Your turn, Zabdiel." She nodded towards him. "I've got it, mamita." He replied, getting up. He picked up Angel and kissed Annie's forehead before walking outside. The couple worked easily. Kendall and I were never that way.

I looked at Journey once again. She looked down at her menu, focusing on what to wear. Annie must've kicked her because her body jolted and she looked over at me too. Her body eased and she smiled. "That's it. That's the look. Harry, hon, leave Kendall." Annie told me.

I nodded. "I'll do it."
-

I was never surer of anything else than that. It's been on my mind all day. I walked up to Kendall's room door and knocked. When there was no reply, I walked in. Kendall was straddling Ben. "You're joking." I scoffed. "Babe-"

"No. It's fine. The wedding is off." I spat, walking out. I walked to my car and texted Journey, then went to the courthouse. I had everything rearranged.

Maybe the wedding doesn't have to be canceled.