xxxix.

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE.

adrianna saint laurent
perspective

adrianna saint laurent perspective

-

"YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THAT YOU WERE GOING TO SEND ME A DRESS TO WEAR." I groan, rolling my eyes I wait for my boyfriend to reply through the other end of the call.

"I didn't realise that I needed to inform you before sending you gifts. Doesn't that ruin the whole point of gifts and surprises, my love?" I hear him chuckling, his voice and accent driving me crazy.

"Fair enough," I sigh, "Thank you for the dress. I love it," I smile, glancing at the dress in the box.

"Mhm, don't say thank you. Kiss me instead." I roll my eyes, knowing he was smiling through the call.

"Too bad you're on your way to the match while I just woke up. How far are you away from reaching the venue?" I mumble, taking a seat on my bed.

Elijah and Theo were the first ones to leave since they had to reach the venue earlier than us. Since both of them were star players, they had to prepare the team in advance.

"Just ten to fifteen minutes left and we'll be there," he murmurs, "When are Nico and Kota going to come to pick you up?"

I glance at the clock, "In about twenty minutes..."

"And you just woke up?" I hear him let out an amused laugh, "Adri, how are you going to get ready in twenty minutes?"

"Oh, stop being dramatic," I scoff, falling on my bed, "I already freshened up. I just need to change and that's it."

"Alright, I'm gonna end the call. Go change quickly so you won't delay them and then I'll get to see you quicker," he chuckles.

I hum, tracing my fingers on the bed, "Swear you didn't visit me this morning while I was sleeping and dropped this gift off?"

"Can't swear on that," he murmurs.

I chuckle and a smile makes its way to my lips, "Ah, I knew it."

I hear him sigh through the call, "Damn it. How did you find out? Did your dad tell you?"

I chuckle, "Just a guess."

He groans and I could guess that he must have rolled his eyes, "Lies. Tell me how."

"Fine," I groan, "I found the pen you wrote the note with on my table so it's obvious that you were standing here."

"You couldn't have guessed if I didn't leave the pen," he murmurs, sighing.

"How did you forget your pen?" I let out a laugh.

"I dropped it on the table to run my fingers through your hair so I probably forgot to pick it up."