Scream Of Death

The Avengers were frozen after what Robert said

The Avengers were frozen after what Robert said. Rami chuckled a little especially when Rob nearly slipped a little secret, seeing their horrified expressions and followed Rob to the living room where Rachel and Chloe started to "clean"... More like playing with cans and bottles. Max came back and started to clean the table from the white powder and the rest of the cigarettes. Aliara walked in a few minutes after her. Hair wet, a new outfit and a tired smile formed her lips. The team came back to see her and they felt worried.
"Man, what a dream... I met my soul mates again... Well more like they found us passed out here..." She started, her eyes closed. The brothers laughed at her and the bandmates chuckled. Max sighed and hugged the Mercury girl. "I'm sorry... It was not a dream..." She said and the white-haired beauty looked behind Max to see the team. She giggled nervously and waved at them... "Aliara we need to talk," Peter said making her stand up straight an eyebrow raised. "We will go to buy some food. We'll be back later" Rob said dragging his brother and the girls out, leaving Aliara with her mates. Her blank expression made the mates scared a bit and her serious tone and actions made them even more worried.
"Sit down. Although I am your mate and wife... At least that's what they told me, I don't remember you and from my brothers, I know that you didn't really know me either at the time..." she started, when they all sat down observing each and every move that she made. "Mate or not, you will not tell me what to do. Nor will I let you boss me around. And I will certainly not let you know everything about me. Not right away." She said sternly and it made Wanda flinch and the team looked at her with wide eyes. Aliara was never talking like this to them. When they first met her, she was a sweetheart to them. She accepted them right away and she was a smiling and caring person. And they would never push her to do or say something, so what changed now?
"Why are you like this? How much did you take?" Clint asked softly thinking that maybe it will make her softer as well, but her gaze only hardened and she looked deadly. "Why do you know where I was heading after the comeback?" She asked with venom in her voice. They looked at each other. "A drone... Very small drone that I created to spy on eventual HYDRA agents is flying around you... Salomea asked me to give one to her I didn't know why... But now we are here..." Tony started, looking at her carefully. She smiled fakely and let out a puff of laughter. She grabbed a cigarette from the grand piano and lit it up. The team looked nervous. They didn't know what their mate would do next. They weren't worried about themselves, they were worried about her. She was unpredictable and they didn't like that. "Fine. Not your fault on this one, I guess..." She breathed slowly and started to pace. "You wanted to talk. Then talk" She said looking at them and taking the cigarette in her mouth. "How much do you remember?" Ten asked, leaving the topic of drugs for another time... They didn't want to piss her off more, especially since she wasn't really stable right now. "Well... I remember most of my past, although I do have to admit, that these memories? They don't feel like they are mine. And they are blurry. So I guess it's like the first meeting with you" She said a bit calmer but still, her posture was tense and ready to fight. "Why didn't you tell us right away what happened to you... Even if it was small bits of it... We could have helped you." Steve asked and she chuckled humourlessly but inside she panicked and she nearly cried out. "My Dear... I didn't tell you because of... Reasons. Curiosity killed a cat as the humans say. I had reasons like you have reasons not to tell me what happened on your missions" She shut them up and smirked. That was true... They didn't always tell her what the missions were about or what happened. Fair enough... "Did you know that you can't die?" Thor asked and she looked away. She started to calm down a bit. "No..." She said softly. "No, I didn't... Although there is a way to kill me definitively, it is hard to do it..." She said not telling them the full details. They tensed up. They felt the need to protect her. They were happy until she said that there is a way to kill her. "What is the way?" Natasha asked trying to see her expression but Aliara stayed blank. "Never mind that. Like I said it's hard to do it with a protective family like this" She said and the team looked at each other worried. "ok...How was your life with the McLoughlin family?" Scott asked and they saw her sad smile. "It was good. They really love me. Brian and Corin are so protective and so worried about me and Shea with Charlie are amazing parents to have. They really care for another soul and they made sure I had everything I needed... Love, home, school..." She cut herself there. She remembered this day with the English teacher... How the bastard ruined her nearly perfect life. How because of him she started to have bad luck again. The team saw her flinch and put a hand on her stomach. Clark, being the closest to her, stood up and looked at her. "What happened?" He asked softly, looking at her face. Her full red lips looked even softer than when they first met. Her now true hair and eye colour were hypnotising. But her petite body looked thinner and weaker. Clark used his power to scan her very discreetly but he didn't see anything worrying... "An English teacher... He..." she shook her head as she took a step back from the Superman. The team didn't need more to know. They understood what happened and to say they were furious was an understatement. They tried to be calm about it though, not wanting to freak out the little mate. "Did you tell someone?" Logan asked and she shook her head again. "The principal and some other teachers came in as the plants in the classroom helped me... They called the police for him and an ambulance for me as well as they called Shea and Charlie... And since everyone knew who I was, the government made sure I don't go to school anymore... I didn't have to since I am nearly forty-three" She said and the team thanked the gods for the people that helped their mate... Even if they were still mad at their selves that they couldn't protect her. "Shouldn't you be with them now? Shea and Charlie, I mean." Pietro asked and she only half-smiled. "They know I remember. I told them although I will probably be scolded by Alpha and Omega later for not taking them and Reily with me..." She rambled making the team smile sadly at this side of her that they knew very well. "Come back with us... To the Tower" Bruce said and she tensed up at that... "I... I can't..." She stuttered as she looked out the window. "Why not? We found you, you remember everything... Nearly... Let us help you. Let us in... Fully" T'Challa said and she shook her head. "I really would love to... But I can't." She repeated. Fear appeared in her eyes for a split second but they saw it. "Why not? What makes you afraid, Love?" Stephen asked and she quickly threw the cigarette into the ashtray as her hands started to shake. She grabbed her head and closed her eyes.
"Go Away!" She yelled. She fell to her knees and her mates started to call her name, worriedly trying to find a way to help her. "What is it, Love?" Loki asked but she only shook her head.

Aliara Pov

They will die...
You will cry...
We will win...
No matter what...

"Go Away!" I yelled and I fell to my knees. I heard my mates trying to find a way to help me. Loki asked me what was wrong but I can't let them know.

You will kill...
You will rise...
You will join the Other Side...

The voices laughed again... The voices were actually my voice... The voice of the person who knew nearly everything. Who was so powerful that it could destroy her.

Your heart will beat...
You will feel the heat...
When betrayal comes...
We will start the storms...

"Stop... Please... Stop..." I said and the voices went away... I heard someone yell my name. I looked up to see the team asking each other what happened...
"I'm fine now... Just a bad trip...." I lied and saw Loki look at me trying to see if I lied. Good thing they don't know that their powers and abilities don't work on me. If I lie, Loki will believe the lie. If I use my powers of illusion, they won't know. "God! Don't scare us like that, Cupcake" Tony said as he and the rest hugged me. I felt weird. Maybe I'll give them one chance... My phone went off and I hurried to get it.
"Aliara Mercury, how can I help you?" I said looking at the now curious team. "My dear, don't you look at the ID before you pick it up?" Roger laughed with Bri in the back, but their voices sounded on edge. As if they didn't want to talk with me... "Oh! Hi Roger, Hi Bri!... No, I didn't really have the chance to look... Sorry.." I said softly and they chuckled. "No worries, Love. Listen, we called your mother yesterday and she asked if she could come with Paul to say hello after two years of thinking that you're dead." He said and I smiled softly humming in response. "Why would they ask? I'm their daughter they can come any time... Well... Not when I'm busy but I'm fine now... And Rob and Rami are with me. Do you want to come as well? I can teleport you here so we can party like when dad was still here" I said and I heard Brian chuckle as Roger immediately said that they are ready. "Well then, see you in a few seconds," I said and we hung up. Before the team could say anything a loud thump was heard and I smirked. "Careful, woman! We are ancient!" I heard Roger complain as he stood up from the floor. Brian laughed standing up as well. "Oh really? I'm sorry to hear that because thanks to me you and your families still look twenty." I said and we chuckled. "Come here, kid!" Roger said as he crushed me in a hug. Brian hugged me as well and we started to talk. "How's John?" I asked and they smiled sadly. "He really is thankful for what you did for him but the wound of losing his soul brother is still too fresh..." I nodded and smiled sadly Roger looked around and smirked as he saw the team. "Ahhh... My daughters and sons-in-law" He said making me laugh hard. "They are not yours, Roger!" Brian shook his head amused as the team smiled softly at them. "Well, we raised Lily after Fred passed away, so they are as much our in-laws as they are Freddie's" he argued, "Nice to see you too, pops," Tony said and they all hugged. "Honey! We are trash!" Robert yelled and went with the girls and Rami to the kitchen. "Ahhh, the rest of the Mercury family as well as our daughters..." We heard something fall and a curse from Chloe "For fuck's sake, there are bottles there!" Rob and Rami launched themselves at the two uncles. "Oh, dear! You are strong!" Brian said as Robert nearly choked the poor man to death. "Rob! Let the poor man live a little more, you dingus!" I yelled making him roll his eyes. "Did you just roll your eyes on me, young man?" I said acting like a mother and he just flipped me off. "Whatever... Guys come help prepare breakfast" I told the team and they looked at me smiling a bit. My mates followed me to the big kitchen and we started to do breakfast.

The Avengers

They were shocked, confused, and lost. How can a girl go from a very deadly-looking demon to a laughing woman in not even a full hour? She acted as if nothing happened! "Do you think it's the drugs?" Tony whispered to them, looking at Aliara who was taking out the food from the bags and scolding her brothers once in a while as they made some snarky jokes. "Honestly... I would prefer this behaviour to be from drugs... But it isn't..." Peter replied as he sadly looked at her as well. "So tell us, how were you?" Brian asked them quietly. They smiled sadly as they responded. "It was hard... But we tried to be ourselves especially when the little ones were around" Logan said and the Taylor nodded also smiling sadly. "How are the little ones?" Roger asked "Doing good. Although Aramea is very depressed and Lisa is asking too many questions but we want to surprise them when Ali remembers." Natasha said and they all smiled, while the former Quen band looked at each other knowingly. "Pete, Ten, can you help me? Bucky, take the cups out and Wanda, Dear, can you make the table?" Aliara asked cutting some vegetables. "Of course, Sweetheart" They responded and they started to help their mate.

It was peaceful... Even if the screams of death still lingered in the Goddess' mind. And there was a question, yet to be answered. Loki, Wanda and Stephen were starting to feel that this girl, who was in front of them, wasn't really who they thought she was. The girl, they claimed to be their soulmate, was not in fact their one true love...