Reality

Todoroki Shoto sat on his futon reading some of his favorite manga.

The manga was about the life of a girl, who he wished was real.

Sometimes he wished he could jump right into the pages with her and take her away.

He was obsessed with her.

But he was very envious of her too. She had a functioning family, unlike his. Her parents loved her very much and cared for her, as well as her siblings.

The parents loved the children equally, something Shoto always wanted.

The Story Life of Y/N. Was what the manga was called.

But he wasn't the only one who loved that particular manga.

In fact it was one of the most popular manga in Japan so far. Boys and girls all obsessed over Y/N.

She was practically more popular than All Might right now. And that was saying something considering All Might was pretty popular already.

Unfortunately, Shoto lacked self confidence, he thought that she would never love someone such as him.

He thought of himself as too quiet, weird, and aloof.

But that never stopped him from obsessing and loving her. He secretly even had a body pillow of her, since he was a little clingy.

He covered him room in posters of her. His shelves held the whole manga series of The Story Life of Y/N. The study desk he had was covered in POPs, figurines, and nendoroids of her.

You could call it a real life crush if you will.

Little did he know, Y/N very much existed, but just not in his universe.

In another universe, Y/N obsessed over Shoto.

The manga both of them read only showed the perfect parts of themselves.

The imperfect parts are what led them to doubt. Doubting that they would be accepting of each other. Like if he would ever love someone like her or she would ever love someone like him.

Y/N was just as obsessed with Shoto as much as he was with her.

She envied the fact he was perfect in every way, the way to how he used his quirk, to the way he looked when he wore his hero costume.

Y/N always thought she could never be enough for him, she thought she was either too ugly, or too weird, or too awkward for him.

She wondered if he would choose a different girl over him.

And if he did, she would still love him. Even if he was gay for Deku or Bakugo, she would still love him. Even if he chose Momo, she would be angry at her, but of course still love him always.

She always wished he was real, so she could leap into his arms and be in love with him forever.

But she always knew that could never happen. Not in a thousand years. Not ever.

The fan fictions she read were the only escape from reality. And the ASMRs she listened to reminded her she was loved and won't be single until the day she died.

Shoto could say the exact same thing. Since he considered his scar to be a big ugly burn, he wondered if that would stop him from finding someone.

Both wondered if they were too obsessed with each other. But maybe they couldn't control their feelings for one another.

Maybe it was best the fourth wall stayed up, if both of them met, it would most likely be too dangerous.

So body pillows and manga would have to suffice.

This one shot came deep from my heart, I always thought about it. If the My Hero Academia characters were actually real, in another universe. And vice versa. Most of the things I wrote about Y/N was what I could relate to. Sorry if it isn't like you readers. Just imagine it.