The Cafe Waitress

"Ice Villain strikes again!"

"Why can't the heroes catch them?!"

The headlines of the news and tv reporter's stories were all that were on the TV these days.

The mysterious villain who killed in the night, and the heroes were unable to track them down or catch them.

All they knew was that each of the victims always had ice spikes surrounding their dead bodies.

The masked villain brought the small icicle to the sleeping bag
victim's throat and then stabbed right through it.

Tossing the icicle away, the villain left through the window, leaving a icy trail of spikes behind them.

The villain ran on top of the rooftops, jumping until they got to their apartment building. They slipped in through the window and closed it.

They brought their hand up to their mask and tore it off, feeling the fresh air hit their face.

"Another night's work done." Shoto Todoroki said in a monotone voice while taking off his gloves.

"All they ever talk about is me on the news now. Can't they make stories about something else?"

He put a finger to his chin. "Maybe I should visit the cafe tomorrow. I have a day off after all."

🤍Next Morning❤️

Todoroki walked down the street with his hands in his pockets. He stopped at the cafe he wanted to visit that morning.

The sign said it was open, but he didn't see anyone inside. Todoroki pulled at the door handle and it opened, a bell rung.

He sat himself at a table for two, waiting for someone to come out.

A girl around his age came out from the bathroom and dusted the nonexistent dust off her small apron.

She went toward his table and took out a notepad and pencil. "Hello! How can I help you today?"

The girl had a smile on her face, and gave the cold villain some warm vibes.

"Yes, can I have a small green tea with a slice of vanilla cake?"

"Sure! I'll go get those for you!" She said cheerfully and dashed into the kitchen.

Todoroki smiled a bit as the girl left and he took out a pair of glasses with a book from his bag.

In the middle of reading a page, a plate with a vanilla cake slice with a cup of green tea was set down on the table before him.

"Is there anything else I can get you sir?"

Todoroki looked up from his book. "No, thank you."

"Enjoy." She girl said before turning around to go back to the counter. "Wait."

He called out to the girl. "Can you sit with me? I'd like to talk for a while."

The girl seemed surprised. "Oh um sure." She took the chair in front of him and sat down.

"What's your name?"

"Oh, my name is Y/N. Y/N L/N."

"That's a lovely name."

"Thank you. What's yours?"

"Shoto. Shoto Todoroki."

"That's a cool name."

"Thank you." He chuckled.

🤍One Year Later❤️

Todoroki unlocked the front door to the house and motioned for Y/N to go first.