Forced

She bit her lip and let the tears flow down her cheeks. Not wanting to ruin her makeup or look like bad, her fingers went up to her face and wiped away the salty tears.

"I'm really sorry, Y/N. But know that he loves you, and he will take care of you."

"But I'm not in love with him!"

"I know, but I know you can work it out somehow." Rei Todoroki gently rubbed Y/N's back to soothe her.

The poor girl had been forced into an arranged marriage with her childhood friend, Shoto Todoroki.

It was the wedding day and Rei was desperately trying to calm Y/N down before her big moment.

"Listen to me. Everything will be alright. Shoto will take good care of you. I know he will." Rei held both of Y/N's hands and gazed hopefully into her eyes.

"Okay, I'll go and get this over with." She gave Rei a right hug before hesitantly opening the grand doors.

A lot of people were sitting in the pews of the church, they all turned to look at the bride. Her veil covered her pained expression as she slowly made her way down the isle.

Honestly, if she tripped and made a fool of herself, she wouldn't have the energy to do anything about it.

Y/N couldn't bring herself to look up at her future husband and the priest before her.

The priest began his speech and Y/N continued to look down at the floor, even after Shoto had carefully lifted her veil up to see her.

He saw her pained expression and it broke his heart to see his childhood best friend be sad and that it was his fault he couldn't fix it.

All he wanted to do was hold her close and tell her everything was going to be alright, but it seemed it wasn't the right time to do so.

Finally, the priest got to the most important part of his speech. "Do you, Todoroki Shoto take this woman to be your wonderfully wedded wife?"

He furrowed his brows and looked at Y/N's sad expression. "I... do."

The priest turned to Y/N. "And do you, L/N Y/N, take this man to be your wonderfully wedded husband?"

Shoto desperately wanted her to say yes, say yes and live happily ever after with him. But, his dream shattered when she gave her answer.

"I... I don't!"

The people spectating gasped and Shoto's heart broke even more. Y/N picked up her heavy wedding dress and ran back down the isle.

Endeavor got up and yelled her her to come back. But Rei held him back along with Fuyumi and Natsuo.

The people began panicking and wondering what was going happen next.

Shoto chased after her. His mind told him to go after her and make things right again. But at the same time, he thought things couldn't be fixed at this point.

He spotted her sitting on a bench that overlooked a small pond with some trees surrounding her.

She was crying and had used her veil to wipe her tears away. Her wedding dress was ripped in some areas too.

His running slowed to a walk and he approached her from the other side of the small pond.

Y/N looked up and sniffled. "What the hell do you want?!" She said, wiping away her tears with the crumpled veil.

"I... I'm here to say sorry. Maybe I was wrong to say I do even though I knew you didn't want this. I hope you can forgive me."

Y/N pulled herself together and wiped away the fluids on her face before talking again. "I... I will forgive you, but... it may take time for me to get used to being your wife... I'm not sure I can handle that."

Her voice was wavering and her hands were shaky. But Shoto was more than glad with her response. That she was willing to give him a small chance.

"Thank you, I will give you as much time as you need, until your comfortable with getting closer to me. Even if it takes a long time, years, I will wait."

Shoto crouched down beside her next to the bench and gently took her hand. She simply blinked in astonishment as he brought her hand to his lips and gave her a small kiss on it.

"Um thank you, Shoto. For everything."

"Your welcome. Anything for you."

❤️Years Later❤️

Eventually, Y/N did get used to being in Shoto's company, and even started to fall for him.

When she finally admitted that her feelings were true, Shoto was more than happy to return her feelings.

That whole day he did nothing but hug, cuddle, and kiss her. He made sure to make his wife feel loved, as Shoto was happy to be able to give her affection and treat her like a spoiled princess.

Y/N liked the feeling and regretted ever running away on that isle, she apologized to him over and over again, but he always dismissed her, saying he already forgave her a long time ago.

But in the end, everything worked out and the two were able to live with each other without anything in the way. Even though it was an arranged marriage.